"To be a candidate for the IUI there should be no history of male factor infertility.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By kayakr
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Quote:
To be a candidate for the IUI treatment, your ovaries must be able to produce normal quality eggs, your Fallopian tubes must be patent and there should be no history of male factor infertility.
https://novaivf.com/clinic-iui.htm
That is the actual quote ^

i am contacting REs that do both IUI and IVF (JIC) and ran across this with one of them I wanted to use. I'm confused. No MF issues at all? Or??? I contacted them so I hope to get an answer soon. I also added DH's last SA.

So I am hoping that maybe switching clinics will pull me through my funk. We haven't gotten the greatest care but you get what you pay for in this case. So I am looking elsewhere. I am hoping no matter where we go, they treat *dh* because I feel like he is the main concerns and ironically he's been neglected. His freaking urologist is a joke and hasn't even emailed him back when we asked months ago why his hormones weren't checked

Also where is the IVF page that has the stats? I lost it
I think for the bay area they were good... Although the bay area CA was a joke IMO. Seems like the stats were not very impressive.

I am sinking into the TTC dark abyss I think. I am hoping it's just end of cycle crash but I am pretty pissed and upset this cycle. I think the m/c has some to do with it and how + I was feeling.
Sorry to rant and babble....
Hopefully I can forget all this and get a BFP this cycle. If not I need some hope.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 6th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping you do not have to find a clinic and you get your rainbow baby

In the case you do need to move on, I hope you can find one that will take MFI seriously. I think that statement about IUI and MFI is crazy! That is just insane.. do they seriously just want people to throw money at them because they can... GRRR! I hope you can find the right fit and get the attention you deserve

March 6th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I Thought that is why we seek out MA?! Right? I mean if we all produced normal eggs and had no Male Infertility--would we need any help?
I'm our case- dh has poor motility- so his swimmers like to chase their tails! Lovely! But when they processed his "contribution" they weed all those out and we are left with happy little normal swimmers- so don't get caught up in that! Just find an RE that you love!! Good luck!!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

March 6th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are having a rough time emotionally I'm on my Phone and I will write more in the morning...

Hugs!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 6th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is ridiculous! I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all this!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
March 6th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this!!! I am really hoping that you don't need to move onto a new clinic and get your rainbow baby. If you do have to move onto a new clinic, I really hope you find one that will take care of both of you. Fingers crossed!!!

March 7th, 2013, 04:21 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I'm glad you are looking into other clinics! Yes, if your DH's urologist hasn't gotten back to you about a simple question, then he doesn't know the answer!

I disagree with that IUI statement, like LucyAnna said, then you'd not need any help! Also, IUI can totally help the sperm, my IUI nurse said what they wash them with takes out the bad sperm and it's like "giving candy to a diabetic" it just ramps the sperm up and they swim better, giving you a better chance.

And I have a friend that had 1 million sperm with an IUI and got pg, so the whole male factor thing is bunk. Sure, the clinic would like that, as an optimal situation, but it's not realistic.

The website you are looking for is here http://www.sart.org/find_frm.html

I'm sorry you are in a funk....btdt...this is all so frustrating. It shouldn't be THIS HARD! ((HUGS)) sweetie...
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

Last edited by *Leah*; March 7th, 2013 at 04:25 AM.
March 7th, 2013, 06:01 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
I also disagree with that statement. My RE, as much of a quack as he was, ordered a huge list of blood work for Troy though he went and got them done here on post, the RE read them (I think). I know I have them somewhere I really should read them. Most everything seemed normal. However - I don't think FSH was drawn. Hmm.

Additionally, is there a way to get a different urologist? If your RE isn't willing to treat your DH as well then that might be a path to go down. I honestly don't know how that works yet.

Hang in there love, you have gone through a huge emotional rollercoaster these past few months and it is only understandable you're feeling this way now.

March 7th, 2013, 06:29 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I wonder what their definition of "male factor infertility" is? Maybe they mean severe MFI and they just don't express their thoughts well? I don't know, but I think that is wrong. IUI can give people just the boost they need when the swimmers aren't getting the job done on their own.

I hope you find some answers soon, and that your funk turns into big smiles
*Leah* and Lucy S. like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 7th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Agreed!!!

March 7th, 2013, 03:21 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I have always heard as long as post wash was 20 mil or more then IUI was worth the try. Multiple tries!

Hang in there - don't let this terrible crap define who you are. You are more than this! Remember - Hope is what keeps us going - don't lose it. Hugs!
*Leah* likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
March 7th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
ahhhh don't know what i would do without you guys.
It was pity party day today but then I remembered how strong you all are so surely I can suck it up a little

I was wondering too if they mean severe or not. I hoped they would have replied today but they didn't. They have the best IVF stats in the area and I was hoping it would work with them because worst case I wouldn't xfer.
I think I am going to try and find a better urologist even if we have to pay out of pocket. I am frustrated that it's been over a year and we have taken baby steps.
*Leah* likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 8th, 2013, 03:09 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope they can give you some clarity on that statement. I agree, it doesnt make a lot of sense!

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search