Wanted to Introduce Myself

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By cutenurse24
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 2 Post By *Leah*
  • 2 Post By *Whiskey*
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By Raunchero
  • 1 Post By *JenJen*
  • 1 Post By melissaleigh
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By Lindz253
  • 2 Post By kayakr
  • 1 Post By Onelove121
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By starlitnite611
  • 1 Post By onlybygrace
  • 1 Post By ericalynnxoxo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello Ladies!!!

Lucy convinced me to come over here and post so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Sarah Jane (30), DH is RJ (28), and DS is Russell (4). I'm also the new co-host of TTC I'm an RN, I work night shift on an as needed basis and work strictly in ICU. DH is a firefighter/paramedic for a large city. DS was an oopsie, I was taking Yaz at the time and apparently my body didn't like it because we ended up pregnant. We have now been TTC since October 2011. Back in March 2011 DH was diagnosed with testicular cancer, he underwent surgery, 3 cycles of chemo, and then his final surgery. Since his final surgery in October 2011 he has been cancer free.

So we are TTC #2 and it has been such a struggle because I didn't think it would be so hard. But I have plugged away because I so desperately want our son to have a sibling. I have lost 45lbs and am doing my best to keep on losing weight. I walk 3-5 days a week 4-7 miles a day on my treadmill on the days that I don't work. I have modified my diet and pretty much cut out all fried stuff and eat lots of lovely salads and greek yogurt. I have also done some stints on Clomid. I did 2 months of 50mg and then increased to 100mg for 2 months. They wanted me to take another month of it but I couldn't because it just made me crazy.

Well I had a major melt down about 2 wks ago, I had taken a pregnancy test and got a bfn and that bfn was enough to send me over the edge. I told him I was done TTC
and wanted to sell all of our baby stuff because we obviously weren't going to have any more kids. Well I think that melt down is all it took for DH to realize how serious things were. Because the multivitamins I have been asking him to take for months, he has started to take them after my melt down. He has also been looking at ways to help increase his sperm count naturally through food and his diet. He is finally following through with getting another SA done (this is the first one he has had done since chemo, had one done prior to chemo for banking purposes). So on Tuesday he will have his SA done, Tuesday feels like forever away. I just can't wait for it to be done and hopefully get some answers. DH also mentioned seeing the urologist and oncologist and see what they think about testosterone replacement because he self diagnosed himself with low T thanks to Dr. Google. I told him I am leary of starting anything like that until we see those results along with maybe getting an appt to see a RE. I don't want him to take something that could make things worse and jeopardize his fertility all together.

Sorry this has turned into such a long post. I look forward to getting to know ya'll. God bless!!!

Love Ya'll
Sarah Jane
Onelove121 and Gamer_Princess like this.

Last edited by cutenurse24; March 7th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
March 6th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
And i get to be the first to welcome you

I at "because he self diagnosed himself with low T thanks to Dr. Google."

You have been through a lot! I am surprised you didn't head over here sooner honestly!

hey what about Femara? I think it makes people less crazy!

KUP on the SA!!! FX it's fine and you get your BFP SOON!!!
cutenurse24 likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 7th, 2013, 03:14 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Welcome!!!!! Praying the S/A goes well on Tues.

I def would have your dh talk to the dr, as testosterone replacement therapy can tank sperm count.

You two have been through a lot. Praying the positive changes he's making and femara or clomid do the trick!!

Thanks for joining us!
cutenurse24 and Onelove121 like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 7th, 2013, 05:04 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
Agreed, as silly as it sound testosterone therapy does the opposite of what you'd hope for sperm. Clomid, however, can increase it! Oddly enough lol.

I'm so glad you joined us over here! The meltdowns are normal. Sadly. I have had far too many of them these past 2 years. TTC especially with issues - is painful and heartbreaking.

Now if we were Jerry Springer candidates we'd be pregnant at the drop of a hat.
cutenurse24 and Lucy S. like this.

March 7th, 2013, 05:09 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there!
So awesome that your hubby is now cancer free!! That's great!

It sounds like no one has really diagnosed the problem? I would definitely get that all checked out before he starts anything.

Seems like you've waited long enough, I hope you get in to see some drs soon!!

Good luck to you!+
cutenurse24 likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 7th, 2013, 05:19 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome! I hope the SA can shed some light and that you have a great plan to get that BFP soon!
cutenurse24 likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 7th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
HI!! welcome! Im so happy to hear that DH is cancer-free... What a road the two of you ahve been on. It is time for you to see that BFP! Praying you guys get answers soon!
cutenurse24 likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 05:54 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
welcome and good luck
cutenurse24 likes this.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

March 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
Welcome - Thanks for joining us - Good Luck with the SA!!
cutenurse24 likes this.
March 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Sarah Jane

I am so happy your DH is cancer free and I hope that the SA will shed some light on what needs to be done next. I can say without a doubt I am happy I have finally taken the plunge towards MA
cutenurse24 likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy S. View Post
And i get to be the first to welcome you

I at "because he self diagnosed himself with low T thanks to Dr. Google."

You have been through a lot! I am surprised you didn't head over here sooner honestly!

hey what about Femara? I think it makes people less crazy!

KUP on the SA!!! FX it's fine and you get your BFP SOON!!!
I was wondering about Femara. Because the Clomid made me crazy. I took the 100mg dose while my parents were here for Christmas and I was told I needed an attitude adjustment. Then I didn't think it was effecting our sex life that much until this cycle and when I gave myself a break. DH and I have been having sex every day that he is off from work. I felt bad for my co-workers too because once I started taking it, they have been treading very quietly and around me because they have been on the receiving end of my wrath and it isn't pretty. I am hoping that you get your bfp soon!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Agreed, as silly as it sound testosterone therapy does the opposite of what you'd hope for sperm. Clomid, however, can increase it! Oddly enough lol.

I'm so glad you joined us over here! The meltdowns are normal. Sadly. I have had far too many of them these past 2 years. TTC especially with issues - is painful and heartbreaking.

Now if we were Jerry Springer candidates we'd be pregnant at the drop of a hat.
It is hard, painful, and heartbreaking. I agree if we were Jerry Sprinter candidates we would be pregnant already. Here's to hoping that you and I both get our bfp soon!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsturner View Post
Hi there!
So awesome that your hubby is now cancer free!! That's great!

It sounds like no one has really diagnosed the problem? I would definitely get that all checked out before he starts anything.

Seems like you've waited long enough, I hope you get in to see some drs soon!!

Good luck to you!+
Well the thing, DH wasn't interested in getting checked out. He was pretty sure since I was overweight and not active that my fertility was being effected by that. So he was convinced that I was the issue until now. Because he was in the best shape of his life and there is no way that he could be the problem since he had just survived cancer. So for him to finally have this a ha moment is amazing. I hate having to have a breakdown before he finally listens to me and believes me. So I am hoping that since I finally got him to agree to the SA, that maybe he will finally be open to seeing a RE and or the fertility docs in town.

March 7th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great news your DH is cancer free...and good for you for taking control of your health and losing weight! I was going to suggest Femara too, doesn't hurt to ask about it! Hopefully you guys can figure out a good plan and get a BFP soon!
cutenurse24 likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 7th, 2013, 02:11 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Hi! Welcome! Any friend of Lucy's is a friend of mine!

Sorry you guys have been through so much. Great job on the weight loss too!
I am glad DH is on board now because it def takes both of you to make this work.

Thank God he is cancer free now as well. Lets hope that SA comes back normal and if not then you know what you are dealing with.

Oh yea - clomid makes me nuts too. You're not alone.... I also have regular scheduled melt downs too. You should fit right in here. lol
cutenurse24 and Lucy S. like this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
March 7th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome to the board!!!!! So glad to have you here and that DH is cancer-free! Praying for a great sa, too! Always praying for you much-deserved BFP ♥
cutenurse24 likes this.
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

March 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
"I was told I needed an attitude adjustment." I'm sorry for giggling again But yes the clomid MONSTER can be baaaad!!! I didn't have an issue this time around but last time was bad.
I havent seen people say that Femara does that to them. Also clomid sticks around SO much longer than Femara so the s/e from Femara wouldn't last as long.
I got headaches last cycle but not this one even tho I upped the dose slightly

Anyway, glad you are here! i see good things happening for you!
cutenurse24 likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 7th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Super Mommy
*waves* hey!!
cutenurse24 likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 02:23 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

So happy your DH is cancer free!

Good luck for the upcoming SA!
Hoping you get your BFP soon!
cutenurse24 likes this.

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

March 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy S. View Post
"I was told I needed an attitude adjustment." I'm sorry for giggling again But yes the clomid MONSTER can be baaaad!!! I didn't have an issue this time around but last time was bad.
I havent seen people say that Femara does that to them. Also clomid sticks around SO much longer than Femara so the s/e from Femara wouldn't last as long.
I got headaches last cycle but not this one even tho I upped the dose slightly

Anyway, glad you are here! i see good things happening for you!
The big bad Clomid monster is nothing to mess around with. She will eat you up and chew you a new one in a heartbeat. No need to apologize for laughing. I laugh after I come off the big bad Clomid monster. I wonder if Femara would be a better fit then. I will have to bring that up with my doctor. Clomid gives me awful side effects:awful headaches, hot flashes, major moodiness, nausea, can't cook b/c I can't stand the smell of protein cooking, exhausted, and major insomnia. I am so glad to be here and hoping for something good to happen soon Thanks ladies for welcoming me in with open arms

Last edited by cutenurse24; March 8th, 2013 at 07:32 PM.
March 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM
ericalynnxoxo's Avatar Regular
Glad to hear that your hubby is now cancer free. Good luck to you two. I've seen first hand that Clomid can turn you into a monster.
cutenurse24 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search