Infuriated, please talk me down from the ledge. :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By IndyMommyWannabe
  • 3 Post By Raunchero
  • 3 Post By IndyMommyWannabe
  • 3 Post By kayakr
  • 1 Post By *Whiskey*
  • 2 Post By onlybygrace

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 06:19 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
OMFG. So I was listening to the radio show I do in the morning - The Bert Show (based out of Atlanta but I listen here in Indy)...

So someone emailed them about having tried to get pregnant for 7 years and theyhave unexplained infertility...and how she feels that she truly "hates" women who get pregnant when she can't. Obviously we can all understand that...

So I TRY calling in but can't get through...of course the caller that DOES get through was all ...

"Maybe this woman doesn't realize it's in God's plan and that she should adopt - and anyone who does IVF is 'selfish'...".

OMFG seriously - it took so much out of me NOT to punch my radio...I tried calling again but still couldn't get through. I immediately emailed the show when I got into work telling them that it's that kind of IGNORANCE in society that makes us mad!

I told them "It's just like Cancer - would you EVER tell someone who has cancer to "just relax" or that it was in God's plan for them to be sick? HELL NO! And Infertility is a disease just like cancer is.

seriously I'm shaking I'm so mad right now. I need to calm down...but I did what I could - I emailed them to let them know how rude, insensitive and just plain WRONG that woman was.

Now the host of the show was saying how he knows it's infuriating for a woman to hear the "just relax, take a vacation, etc..." but to allow that caller to be what everyone hear - I told them infurates me because people need to be educated on the fact that INFERTILITY IS A DISEASE!!!!! IT IS PHYSICAL JUST LIKE HEART DISEASE OR CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

ok, I need to calm down and get to work. Thank you for letting me vent.

btw - if you wanna go email them yourselves it's:
The Bert Show | Real. Funny.

I emailed the host of the show - who I like, and it wasn't him I was yelling at but the caller...

I know that woman wasn't
*Leah* likes this.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
March 8th, 2013, 06:23 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG. I would serioulsy be screaming my head off at the stupid show!! I am curious about the reactions of the hosts to what that stupid woman said.
God's plan!! Selfish! Good lord this makes me all steamy just READING this!!
Disgusting. Some people need a good slap across the face!
March 8th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
That women needs a group of us TTCMA to go open a can of whoop ***** on her! lol... if it was "God's plan" would God lead us to all these doctors and medications to help us conceieve? God has a plan for all of us and sometimes his miricals come through dark times, so when his hand touches you his light truley shows.

March 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
ugh, I'd be furious.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

March 8th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you had to hear that awful woman! I would have been furious if I heard it. Some people can be so dense and just have no idea what we go through.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
March 8th, 2013, 06:50 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Believe me, i totally get that it's just plain ignorance and I know they are out there in the MILLIONS - I've said before I have a "friend" I refuse to talk to about this because I know her answer will always be to "just relax and quit wanting it so badly"...but it's more to hear it on a radio station and know that THAT is the message that others are receiving???!!!!!!

And as far as "God's plan" which I do believe in God and I believe he has one...but for me - like Rochelle said about - I believe God's plan for ME is to meet my incredible Doctor who WILL get me pregnant and God GAVE my doctor the gift to KNOW how to perform IVF! Yes it sucks that I'm we are dealing with infertility - but I believe I am infertile so that I can learn how to help others - and in that way, I have to go through a Doctor who, again, God gave the GIFTS to to GET me pregnant!

*Leah*, Raunchero and Onelove121 like this.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Last edited by IndyMommyWannabe; March 8th, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
March 8th, 2013, 08:48 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Most people just don't understand anything about any infertility issues at all. They also don't understand or know anything about the adoption process that has it's own set of heartbreaks that I an not equiped to handle at this time.

It's more selfish for someone who doesn't understand or have the knowledge to make comments then it is for me to be going through IVF/DE. Take that stupid lady on radio! lol
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
March 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just goes to show that most people have no clue about infertility. It is so annoying and infuriating. I wonder if she is also one of those people that say you need to relax and just let nature take its course!!! I hate that too!! Infertility is far from being some sort of disease!!! I would have lost it in the car if I had heard that on the radio, I probably would have punched my radio.

March 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I'm so mad FOR YOU! I would have written the show if I was you too! UGH and the whole adoption card? It's MORE expensive to adopt, and like Gretchen said, I just would not be able to handle if a birth mom changed her mind on us.

I'd like to have someone look at me in the face and tell me that I'm selfish, when I show them how much I've given up to have my daughter and hopefully a sibling for her!

OOOH I'm fired up now too, girl! ARGH! The caller is an idiot, not informed and I'm mad that is the voice everyone out there today on the radio heard too. YOU should have gotten to speak instead!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 8th, 2013, 12:58 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
Ugh.. that's precisely why I no longer listen to talk radio.. because of the ignorance. I'd have probably had a stroke if I heard that woman.
Sunrise likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'd be furious listening to that show! There are sooooooo many ignorant people in this world who have no idea what we go through and the loss that we feel when 1.) we can't get pregnant and 2.) when IVF fails! I'm upset just reading about this!

So sorry that you had to hear that!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 9th, 2013, 08:20 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd love to have that woman alone in a locked room for a few minutes. You know, just to "talk"

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search