Update from me!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've Been MIA (I care for my mother who has cancer and she had a bad week last week). But I did finally start my period over that time too (why is that when you are Ttc it ticks by- when your not Ttc it seems it is always happening?lol) anyways. Called the RE. This month is just testing. So they had me come in for blood work (thyroid, pregnancy test, and ovarian reserve) plus scheduled my hsg for Thursday -which they wouldn't give me anything fr my nerves- grrrr. They have a phone tree to call into for test results, which she said they may have some of the results back for Friday or it would be monday. I thought, no big deal- I know I'm not pregnant and that's the only test that excites me. Well I miss a call Saturday morning from the drs office. The messages says "I was calling with your tests results, please call us back Monday" I tried to call back but got no one....called the phone tree...no results recorded....now why do they leave a message like that???? It could have started "things look fine, but call us Monday and we will review" OR they could have left them on the phone tree. Now I've been stressing all weekend thinking something is wrong! I know I'm not pregnant, but I've thought for a long time my thyroid is whacky...or maybe my egg reserve is whacky too? Ughhhh, I'll have to tell them they better not do that again!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

March 24th, 2013, 05:52 PM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
I am sorry that stinks! Waiting and worrying is the worst. try not to stress, i am sure if it were something bad they would have been available to get back to you right away. it could be your thyroid, my re said they like it around 2.5, mine was over 5. Try not to worry or stress (easier said then done i am sure bc i do the same as you) and hoping it is that everything looks good!

Also, i am sorry about your mother as well. I hope she has better days ahead and she is on the road to remission. <3
March 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so frustrating that they did that to you. I can tell you that my DH's oncology office did that once and it was to tell us that his chest x-ray was normal. We were like don't ever call and leave a message saying that we need to call you back asap in regards to your chest x-ray. Sorry that your mom had a rough week. Hope she has better days ahead and will soon be in remission. I totally agree it seems like when you want to have your period she never comes but when you aren't planning for it, she inevitably comes just to throw everything off.

March 24th, 2013, 10:48 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Fx its nothing serious

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

March 25th, 2013, 07:38 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How frustrating!
Hope you get good results today!

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

March 25th, 2013, 08:05 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you get some new quickly, good luck

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
March 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The thyroid was normal I think she said 2.59....whatever that means. The ovarian reserve wasn't back today! Hopefully tomorrow.
And yes I did say something to her about that message!!! She said "oh I figured I would just tell you since it was fine" that's kinda the opposite way I thought she should do. Our last time at RE (with dd) it was different set of nurses- and i miss those ladies! They would have never done that to me

Oh and thanks for all the well wishes for my mom. It's been a long road and we still have a long way to go. She was 15cm (yes that's 1.5 times a newborn babies head) tumor...so it will be awhile before we can start remission process- but it may be just more of mainteneance plan too. Her cancer is clinically unable to be identified- so its a lot of trial and error. But I appreciate the thoughts!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

March 26th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Glad your news was good!
Wow your poor mama!! Praying for her!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search