Moving on to injectables!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 10:50 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I had my ultrasound this morning. They found a cyst on my left ovary and said I may not be able to do it this cycle, pending the results of the estrogen bloodwork. I was starting to get bummed out, but they called at 1pm and said my levels were OK and I don't have to sit this cycle out and can start my injections tomorrow. Woot! My drugs arrived via FedEx before noon.

How many eggs/follicles are they supposed to see on each side (on average)?

March 29th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I think it depends on your dose! And your body
They were aiming for 4 total for me until the NP went crazy and let me have 7
You normally don't want a ton because it just increases you chances of multiples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakr View Post
I will continue to support Starbucks!!!! This is good to know that they are taking care of their employees. I will continue to purchase their coffee!
They have been really good to us
Too bad I am not a coffee addict and never get anything there
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 30th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I started them tonight. Yay! They are better than the heparin shots....no burning and no bruising. It was pretty painless. And I didn't need to psych myself up before giving it to myself. I understand the pen is supposed to make it kinda idiot proof but I sorta just wish it was regular needle and vial style...too much fumbling around with the silly pen for my liking Also, I realized the pharmacy forgot to put in the alcohol pads and sharps container..but fortunately since I never used most of my heparin, I still had the alcohol pads and a sharps container.

I go back Tues. at 10am for my first check-up. Maybe I'll just document everything in this thread..... I really, really hope this works.
ChicaChels likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 03:32 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck julie! hoping this is the magic cycle!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks Chels!!

So far so good. No side effects at all! Woo hoo. That alone is worth the extra cost of these shots. LOL.

Tomorrow morning I go in for more bloodwork and u/s check. Not sure what to expect so soon, but hopefully its good.

April 1st, 2013, 05:41 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
- what did you use? Follistim with IUI (my husband has no issues, so we probably could have done TI, but we wanted to go full in since we were spending so much on the injectables anyway)
- What did it cost? $900 from Walgreens Speciality Pharmacy (with the 30% discount they give you) then another $300 cause I needed more
- what dosage did you use? this was what I did:
CD2 start 125iu Follistim every night...it was super easy, dial the amount you need and inject it...
CD6: U/S and bloodwork E2=87...
CD8: U/S and bloodwork E2=213: L=10,8,8, R=10,8
CD10: U/S and bloodwork E2=390: L=11,11,9, R=13.5, 11...Uterine lining=10
CD12: U/S and bloodwork E2=984, L=14,15,11, R=14.5, 15...lining: 14.5
CD13: U/S and bloodwork E2=1188, L=18,17,11, R=17.5, 17...lining: 14.3
trigger on CD13 @ 9pm...no more FOllistim, HCG shot only (it HURT!!)
IUI on CD15 @11am...
- did it work? yes <3
- did you have any side effects? and if so, were they as bad as clomid (or femara)? No, none except massive bloating, I've never used Femera, but Clomid was horrible for me (and I never got pregnant on it)
- were yours subcutaneous or intramuscular? sub-cutaneous
- what did your insurance cover? insurance was BCBS (we self pay for our insurance and this was the one with maternity) so is like $300/month just for me on it, but it covered 80% of all U/Ss (which were about every other day and then every day as it got closer) all of bloodwork (again, every other day and then every day)...the IUI was self-pay, and the meds themselves were self-pay also
- anything else I should know or ask about?? I LOVE Follistim, its why we have Maiya...$400-500 sounds low from what I know of it...

Last edited by fromustobaby; April 2nd, 2013 at 05:18 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search