Let's talk Endo! Endometriosis...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kayakr
  • 1 Post By Nicholle ttc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 02:01 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Ok, so I just got back from the doc's w.t.f appointment and he wants me to call him on CD1 of my next cycle...which I *think* is actually today...but who knows since I just came off my FET...although it would be about right...as I'm on CD36 now and that's when I've been starting the last few months...

So of course it makes no sense as to why we've had 4 beautiful hatching blasts transferred with NONE taking...

ALL the tests I've had done have come back "normal" and even my TSH which I asked him about (as I was googling that today) was 1.2 - and they want it to be under 2 for women who are TTC!

They've ruled out PCOS as I've always had a 28 day cycle and get surges on my OPK's - yes, I have elevated insulin levels and Insulin Resistance (which, after we do the hysteroscopy and all that, I'll go back on the metformin...)

But we will start with the hysteroscopy to see about endometriosis...I did tell him that in high school I had bad periods/cramping - one time I remember it was so bad sitting in choir class I couldn't see straight...BUT I've been on BCP since about the age of 20 and haven't had any issues since...

My mother, btw, had to have a full hysterectomy done when she was around 40 because she had endo - BUT she told me she never had painful periods until that last year when she bled for like 3 months straight.

Granted, I don't want to "hope" I have it - by any means...but at this point - PLEASE TELL ME I HAVE SOMETHING WRONG!

ya know? ugh.

so - for those of you who do have endo...do you have painful periods? Is that the only symptom?

Also, since we have only 2 left - we *may* decide to split them up and only transfer 1 at a time...giving us 2 more chances - but we'll see.

I've read that (and the doc said this can be true) that once they "clean out" the endo (assuming I have it) - it's possible to conceive much easier...

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
April 1st, 2013, 02:43 PM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was diagnosed with minimal-mild (stage 1-2 endo) two separate times in two different lap surgeries. My entire life I've had dreadful cramps before my period and have taken up to four advil at a time. I was surprised mine wasn't worse than it was. My RE was able to remove all the endo both times (it grows back after a while) and told me my chances of getting pregnant would improve. He also told me it would help during an IVF cycle.

The lap surgery is no big deal, do a search and you'll find several threads on this. Good luck to you, I know you so desperately want answers and you deserve them!!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

April 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was diagnosed with endo when I was 20. At the time I was stage 3/4. I have always had painful, heavy periods. And I used to miss school because it was so bad. I have heard of women who do not have any pain but I think that it pretty rare. I do know that it is hereditary. My mom had a hysterectomy at 34. I had my lap when i was 20 and it really was not a big deal. I have been on the Lupron Depot shot twice.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 1st, 2013, 03:53 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Previous lap thread with info:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...aproscopy.html (?? laproscopy)

I'm kind of the opposite of what you'd think...I had only very mild endo removed during my lap, but I have always had horrible, long, painful periods. I remember once in high school we ran out of Aleve and my Mom drove me to town (30 miles) at 2am so I could get some...I can't function without at least 3 pills at a time

I totally get what you mean about wanting to find something, though. We're still "unexplained" and it drives me nutty. Why can't someone find something to fix? If nothing is wrong, why can't we get a BFP without IVF? I hope you get some answers!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

April 1st, 2013, 05:36 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Gosh - I have zero symptoms of endo except infertility. My Re wanted to do lapo on me but I declined because I have zero symptoms. My periods are uneventful and always have been and regular. No unusual pain and never need meds or anything like that for AF. I will do Lapo to see though if IVF doesn't work. I just can't imagine I would have it - maybe it's denial or something???

There are ladies with zero symptoms that have it though...maybe me and you both do have it? It took me 5 years to have my DS and never seen a bfp again 15 years later or before DS. One pregnancy ever with lots of bding going on...all these years. I hope you don't have it but if you do they can clean it out so you can get your bfp with your next FET.
IndyMommyWannabe likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
April 1st, 2013, 06:23 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I have stage 2/stage 3 and it's miserable. AF is in town right now and I am only functioning due to my good friends known as narcotic painkillers.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

April 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Moving on to adoption
Call me odd I guess.

I've had fairly moderate to severe endo since I was about 19. Laps, D&Cs, all kinds of nasty stuff to try correct it. In fact, to the point where I had endometrial tumors you could palpate from the outside of my abdomen wall. That was fun.

But aside from the odd long cycle, every now and then I'd get a cycle that I'd need a heating pad for but nothing really what I'd call horrible, painful, or that required pain medication or side lined me. I did bleed once for about 3 months straight but it was light and I had a primary care doc that was probably over cautious.

After I was 24, they said the endometriosis was the main reason for my infertility. My hormones were great, my cycles were average (average is good), my eggs looked great, my lining sucked. Apparently.

So perhaps I'm atypical, but I still have moderate endo and I assume it won't go away now since I've had it so long, but I don't have the vast majority of signs and symptoms to go with it. I'm pretty lucky that way.

"Worry is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere"
(easier in theory than practice!)
April 2nd, 2013, 05:59 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'll find out if I have endo in May after lap sx. My RE said that he's seen a lot of moderate to severe cases that have minimal to no symptoms. I typically having cramping during AF and sometimes I'll have a heavy AF as well. Hopefully we will both have endo and we'll get our BFPs shortly after it's removed!
IndyMommyWannabe likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:55 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc View Post
I'll find out if I have endo in May after lap sx. My RE said that he's seen a lot of moderate to severe cases that have minimal to no symptoms. I typically having cramping during AF and sometimes I'll have a heavy AF as well. Hopefully we will both have endo and we'll get our BFPs shortly after it's removed!
I have to laugh at that...just because - no one WANTS to have anything "wrong" with themselves...but honestly I DO hope I have endo of SOME sort because it would be an ANSWER as to WHY I can't get pregnant! Plus - I know it'd make my husband feel better that it's not all 100% him.

I'm going to come out and say it - I HOPE SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME! HAHA.

But yes - hopefully BOTH of us have SOMETHING "wrong" that they can finally diagnose, fix and we get those beautiful 's!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search