Time for Update

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By kayakr
  • 1 Post By melissaleigh
  • 1 Post By *Whiskey*
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By swtneka
  • 3 Post By Sarah S.
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ladies,

So we saw the RE today. So my lab work came back great, my A1C was considered towards the high end of the range. But my hormone levels all looked great. Ultrasound like we talked about showed plenty of follicles on both sides. But my hsg showed for whatever reason that my right tube is very dilated but the left side looks normal. He gave us two options: we can go ahead and try IUI right now or have lap surgery to see what is going on with my tubes (whether there is scar tissue there or the right tube needs to be removed all together). If we try IUI he would be fine with doing that for a couple of cycles and then move onto surgery to figure out what is going on. But downside to IUI, I would have to go back on Clomid again. He also wants to add Metformin to the mix because of my A1C level. We brought up Femara but he wanted to stick with Clomid unless I got to the point I couldn't handle it again and then switch. So I am happy and upset at the same time. Happy because we have some better answers but sad because I don't like who I am on Clomid. So we are going to go ahead and give it a go with IUI. I am to call them on CD 1 and talk to the nurse for her to call meds in. But he did say that if I did ovulate from the right side and happened to get pregnant, that there would be a much higher chance of ectopic pregnancy.

He wasn't able to give me a good answer as to why my female parts are all jacked up other than I could have been born this way but he really feels it was the c-section that caused this problem. And hearing that makes me sad because I felt so cheated out on the birth of our son by having a c-section (and still cry about it from time to time). So now I am playing the what if game with myself, what if I hadn't had the c-section, what if I hadn't been induced, what if I had him vaginally,etc....

Anyway, sorry for such a long post. Just emotionally all over the place now after meeting with the doctor. Thanks ladies for reading this super long post.

Love Ya,
Sarah Jane

April 5th, 2013, 02:00 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Sarah. Well...most of that sounds like good news really. Your hormone levels are good. You have a good RE that's willing to do what you think you want with your body.

I'm not sure if it helps to hear or not, but my first cycle with clomid I had lousy side effects, and after that they weren't nearly as bad. I hope that yours aren't so bad at all this time!!

The ectopic thought is upsetting, but at least you would be monitored so you'd know before anything burst or became a scary health problem. That's a plus. I'm sorry that it's an issue for you. That is awful that it could be from the C section!

Please stop playing what-if. (I'm a lousy one to say so, since I'm so good at it...) It doesn't help anything. Just think about what good things can be in the future!!

Let us know what you decide on!
cutenurse24 likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Don't be disappointed cutenurse! Answers are a good thing so you know how to proceed!

Did the fluid run through both tubes even though one of them looked dilated or did the die not flow out?
cutenurse24 likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
April 5th, 2013, 03:37 PM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
So glad you finally got some answers and it sounds like things are prety positive for the most part.
cutenurse24 likes this.
April 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
It may have not been the news you wanted but it's a start. I'm hoping and praying that you get a good cycle and a BFP soon!
cutenurse24 likes this.

April 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM
zonee@gmail.com's Avatar Veteran
It all sounds positive and hoping no ectopics for you bu a nice bfp soon. Good luck and it seems like you are on the right track : )
April 6th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
@Gretchen--on the right side the dye did not leak out or at all dissipate like it did on the left side. It hung around in my tube.

Thanks ladies!!! I knew you would help me see the light at the end of the tunnel and not be such a negative nelly. While at work last night I had plenty of time to think about things and I do need to stop playing the what if game with myself. I really honestly wanted to just go ahead with surgery to see what is going on and if need be then have the tube removed. I say that just because I really don't feel like I ovulate often at all from that side, I swear I feel like I ovulate most of the time from my left side. I am really ready to just get this show on the road and try a couple cycles of IUI just to see what will happen. But after doing some research last night, I wonder if it is a good idea knowing that I have that dilated tube. But I in my mind I figure the RE wouldn't be down with us trying if he thought it was a bad idea, KWIM?

Well I have to log off hear and get ready for work.

Last edited by cutenurse24; April 7th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
April 7th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
That is a toughie... I would also be torn Sarah Jane.
But maybe if you have a high enough dose and it's on the open side you won't have to worry?
I wish you could do Femara... I *do* get side effects but they are so much more manageable.
I am thinking about you sweetie!!
cutenurse24 likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

April 7th, 2013, 06:27 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
I'm glad u r on the right road to getting your rainbow!
cutenurse24 likes this.

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

April 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Sarah S.'s Avatar Veteran
Lurker... But used to be part of this board when trying for #2 (dd is a follistim baby and ds was menopor after 5 failed follistim cycles)
1. I had a c/s with dd. I totally understand how cheated you feel. I felt the same way! And bc of those feelings it took me a long time to decide to try for #2. Mostly bc I didn't want another c/s. not sure why you ended up with a c/s but I was failure to progress. And she was 9lbs 12oz. Needless to say I had a vbac with ds and he was 9lbs 14oz.
2. When we went back to RE to try again they made me do a HSG bc of having a c/s. that showed a dilated right tube and my left tube looked coiled. (RE felt it was from c/s as well at the time) We were given the options of IVF or surgery. I decided on surgery. Turned out both tubes were open. So the HSG doesn't give all the answers. Have they mentioned doing an ultrasound to see if there is fluid in the tube?? My right side looked blocked when ttc dd and they did an ultrasound to see if there was fluid. Bc if there is fluid build up that fluid can "leak" to the uterus and make implantation difficult. (I ended up with a lap anyway then as well bc saline sonogram showed a uterine polyp that had to be removed and both tubes were open then as well) Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about an ectopic and would give clomid a try again. Good luck!

Hope no one minds me posting here. I hope you all get your much deserved BFPs soon!! Infertility definitely sucks!!
And now we feel like our family is complete!
April 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Sarah S. for the encouragement. I ended up with c-section because DS went into distress after being in labor for like 16 hrs or so.

It is a toughie Lucy which is why I am back and forth on the fence. I guess I will just stick with at least trying a couple of cycles knowing that the RE is going to monitor me closely during the whole process.

Thanks again ladies!!!! I know that you understand and appreciate it You are such wonderful, supportive, and encouraging ladies!!!!
Lucy S. likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search