TTCMA and diet

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
So i was searching around and saw a weight chart on an IVF site. Got me thinking I need to lose the 5 pounds (of the 10) I gained during the m/c thing and flu (basically didn't workout for 6 weeks).
I lost 100 pounds 6.5 years ago and so it's important to me. I have kept it off mainly because of exercise. but in the 2ww my anxiety gets to me and I workout A LOT less. Then when I was pg with the m/c I didn't work out at all. Then the day after I started m/c I caught the flu and couldn't work out for 3 weeks. I started to panic that I was going to gain everything back (because I know if I lose the exercise habit I will). Thankfully thats not the case but exercise has only slowly taken 5 of the 10 pounds and I need to diet now.

How aggressive can I be? Obviously not 1,000 calories a day but like Weight Watchers ok?
I wonder if the 10 pounds made a difference on the number of follicles I had too? i know when I was heavier I was annovulatory where as now, 10 years older I seem to be the opposite.
I need to lose at least these 5 pounds. Would ideally love to lose 10-15 pounds but I like food. A lot. bahahaha!

So thoughts? Opinions? Warnings? Advice?
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

April 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH! I just posted something about weight gain too! Guess I should have read down a few posts!

I'm 20 pounds heavier than I was when I started TTCMA. None of my clothes fit. I don't know what diets are okay for your situation. My doctor wants me to eat healthy. I think the hard part is that when I am on the meds & the TWW, she doesn't want me to do anything but walk. I am used to a lot harder workouts than walking.

Congrats on your huge weight loss! That's something to be proud of! I believe you posted before that you are vegan, right? My best friend is vegan and she has some delicious recipes! Other than using a lot of sugar in vegan desserts...I'm not sure that I can tell you to eat healthier!!!
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

April 9th, 2013, 10:27 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I lost 35 lbs years ago, and then gained it all back TTC. I've gained 40lbs (10 lbs a year!) from the stress of it all, I swear! I recently lost 15 before IVF...If I wasn't pg, I was going to be skinny was my new moto!

I think eating healthy, eating lots of veggies and fruit, to fill you up w/less calories and portion control (IE weight watchers) is a great way to go. I know they say don't diet when TTC, but honestly, I felt getting the weight off would help IVF go better than if I didn't try to lose some weight.

I am now the lowest weight I've been in 5 years...but I'm still 30lbs away from my ideal weight. I'm just trying to stay away from soda, diet soda and fake sugars, and fried foods.

You have to LIVE and feel good about yourself, so if dieting a little will do that for you, I'd say go for it. I put off losing weight for a long time because they always say it is bad to do when TTC, but I wish I hadn't waited because I didn't get pg and now I'd be even smaller and at a more healthy weight to hopefully start another pregnancy.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
I have no advice since I love to eat as well. I had lost 60lbs over an year ago and when I started having symptoms of my lung disease I stopped working out and gained it all back. I need to be active to maintain a certain weight and still enjoy my faves carbs. The meds they had me on didn't help especially the steroids made me gain weight fast. I put on the extra weight from all the fertility meds I was on and when I decided to loose that weight I got sick and bam now I am stuck.

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

April 9th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As long as you eating healthfully it's ok to watch your calories. It isn't ok to only eat 1000 calories a day and have it all be chips and soda, you know

When I was TTC my DS (and losing weight) I was eating on average 1200-1400 calories a day, but it was all (ok mostly ) nutritious foods and was working out. As long as you are nourishing your body and eating when you feel hungry it's all good.

PS- I've since gained most of my weight back since having my DS, so I am really preaching to myself here haha!
cutenurse24 and *Leah* like this.
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

April 9th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks ladies- food for thought

I gained a lot the last 2 times I TTCMA so I knew it could happen. I think I gained 40 the last time! So I guess 10 is progress!

I think I am going to try WW or something similar. I feel like crap about myself in general. I haven't waxed my eye brows in months and I am starting to look like chewbacca. I am so pale and just blah. I don't care about looking pretty! I just wanna be PG **** it!
Due with #3
My blog

April 9th, 2013, 01:26 PM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm reading this eating a white chocolate cheesecake......URGH!!!!
cutenurse24 likes this.

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

April 9th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
GLAD i am not the only one that woke up this morning thinking "the dryer must have shrunk all my clothes" lol

I am totally motivated to eat healthy again... Here is a link my friend shared with me this morning. Its has all the info for WW (but its free )

How to get Weight Watchers for free. Really!

hope this helps!

April 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Anyone interested if I start an accountability thread?
No pressure to do everything! Just a little a day? Like add more water or walked?
Due with #3
My blog

April 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
im in!

April 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I'm in. Would we prefer a subforum? I can request one if we would like.
Lucy S. likes this.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

April 9th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm in too

April 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Moving on to adoption
I'm in too. I gained 45lbs after I lost my little girl. I lost 30lbs last year, but have gained it back since I started the meds again.

"Worry is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere"
(easier in theory than practice!)
April 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Count me in!

My RE told me that the only time I need to cut down on my exercise is when I'm actively cycling for IVF, or if I start showing signs of possible OHSS otherwise. And my workouts are pretty strenuous! (Starting workup for a 160km, 4 day ruck march soon, just to give you an idea.) So I'm not too worried about cutting back obviously! I eat alot of junk though. I love food! I have a bit to lose, so I'm hoping to start seeing a nutritionist again soon. Depends on whether insurance approves it though (still waiting to hear). I had success with that a few years ago, so I'm hoping to do that again.

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
April 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also know that some of us follow specific diets for TTC, so that would be a good forum to discuss some of that!

April 9th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be in for sure.
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

April 9th, 2013, 05:25 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I am in. We support each other with TTCMA I think supporting each other with weight loss is a good idea. We can also have our own group on myfitnesspal.com or one of those apps on our phone. It would be private. there is also loseit.com
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
April 9th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I did biggest loser with all my bridesmaids when I got married... It was so much fun cheering each other on! And I lost 30 pounds!

April 9th, 2013, 10:15 PM
A subforum would be great as long as I don't end up all alone! LOL!
*Whiskey* likes this.
Due with #3
My blog

April 10th, 2013, 04:44 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Moving on to adoption
It'll be you, me, and the voices in our heads

"Worry is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere"
(easier in theory than practice!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search