Hi Ladies

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw don't feel hopeless! You are at the right place for advice and support. We were all in your place at one time not understanding a whole lot or knowing what to look for in a clinic. No one was born knowing this stuff. I can't promise everything will turn out all right, but either way the girls here will help you deal with it.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
April 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let me go ahead and put out there that CCRM is one of the best in the nation and they are in Colorado... and they are great if you are essentially 24, not infertile, and have a billion dollars! Lots of ladies have great success there but they do not look favorably on ladies like you and me! We hurt their statistics and they don't want us.

If it makes you feel better, this is all the RE's in Colorado that report to SART. There is another doctor worse than the one you have

1 Conceptions Reproductive Associates Littleton, CO 71.4
2 Colorado Ctr. for Reproductive Medicine Lone Tree, CO 66.9
3 Rocky Mountain Fertility Center, P.C. Parker, CO 50.0
4 Univ of Colorado Health Sciences Center Aurora, CO 48.5
5 The Fertility Center of Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 28.6
6 Colorado Reproductive Endocrinology Denver, CO 19.2

I don't want to be stalkery but want to help, so google maps tells me that if you currently go to Colorado Springs, then Littleton is about an hour away. Their data only shows a small number of DOR patients, but they did have success with them about 50% of the time which is pretty good.

Parker is the same, only about an hour away. They don't however cycle very many women and their range is too variable for me to predict if they are very good consistently. They do take DOR and had pretty good success as well, even in the over 35 populations which is really good.

RMFC doesn't report to SART and doesn't list their statistics on their page... that's a huge no for me.

University of Colorado is ok, but their lab doesn't look very good

April 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Aw, don't feel hopeless! I know we are throwing a TON of info at you at once, all while you are still trying to process your results and wrap your mind around everything. It is okay to feel overwhelmed. That's why we are here...to help and spread the knowledge

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

April 26th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Here are my other things to say about all of this.

Ask to retest your Vitamin D levels. Vitamin D deficiency can artificially lower your AMH. Also, taking Vit D can help egg quality and progesterone.

There are a ton of supplements and vitamins, alternative treatments and ways to approach this. Many of us at the Network54 boards swear by supplements to reduce FSH. And hey! What is $30 for a bottle of CoQ10 compared to thousands of dollars in injectables!

Here are all the supplements I currently take
Wheatgrass. This is the biggest one to focus on. I have a juicer and buy my wheatgrass at the asian market to juice. You can get it in pill form.
Royal Jelly
CoQ10, although you want to do 200 mg of this a day and then 200mg of Ubiquinol as well
L-arganine
Chlorella
Spirulina
Fish Oil- large doses of this suppress NK cells, Natural Killer cells which are an immune system issue that can cause miscarriages and impact egg quality
DIM
Zinc
Prenatal
B12
B6
Baby Aspirin (prevents clotting)

Others I don't take yet but you can look into if you want:
maca
red clover
liquorice root
chaste berry (vitex)
DHEA- ask to test your levels before you take this. It can become similar to testosterone in your body and damage eggs if you aren't deficient in this
nettle leaf
black cohosh
milk thistle

Look into castor oil packs

I also encourage you to continue your diet. I was reading that you are Paleo (we are as well about 90% of the time). I had my daughter Ree 7 weeks ago and am in all my old clothes and pants and you wouldn't be able to tell (which makes me really sad and is another story all together about how bittersweet that is). But Paleo is a good place to start to continue maintaining egg quality.

We can't necessarily improve egg quality, but by god we can ensure that we don't continue to do more damage!

I also will tell you that there are so many things to try to reduce FSH, like acupuncture, acupressure, chinese herbs, diet etc. I haven't had my FSH tested since having my daughter and I'm really interested to see next month what it is because I've been juicing wheatgrass daily and on tons of stuff to keep it low. I know lots of women who have reduced it with diet and supplements.

For medications, stay far far away from clomid. If another clinic wants you to do the clomid challenge test, refuse it and tell them why. If they push it, then leave. They aren't the place for FSH ladies. If they specialize in this they'll know to never use it in the first place.

You may want to try Femara at first or Femara with booster injectables. I am going to try this route myself soon.

I also push yoga and fertility meditations. Here is a free place to listen to them nightly
http://cnyfertility.com/fertility-meditations/

April 26th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Super Mommy
Hey!!! And welcome!!
April 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Don't feel discouraged...you are on the right track now. When I came to this board 2.5 years ago I didn't know anything about what anyone was talking about. These ladies taught me so much and helped me talk to RE. With knowledge you have more control and input on your treatments.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
April 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
Lash that's awesome I start grad school for Marriage & Family therapist in January
smsturner likes this.
FurMommy to Bowie, Abby, Macy, & Leroy

4 Rounds of Clomid & 2 Rounds of Femara with NO Luck
6/5/13 1st cycle of Follistim 600AQ CD3- CD11
6/14/13 Ovidrel Trigger Shot CD12
7/1/13 27mm Cyst on R Ovary, Cancelled cycle
April 26th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I know I was reading through your posts- it's an awesome feeling to get accepted!

April 27th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
wow lauren

Welcome to the board!
I don't doubt you feel discouraged but that feeling won't last once you digest it and have a plan Just hard in the beginning!!
I wish you tons of luck!!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Last edited by Lucy S.; April 27th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
April 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there! Sorry I missed this thread.
You are already getting advice from the best ever, and there is nothing I can add, but I wanted to say hi and good luck.

I really hope you find someone great soon!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 29th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say hello. You have gotten lots of great advice so far. I don't have anything else to add. I can definitely understand feeling overwhelmed because it is a lot to take in all at once. The ladies in here are great and so helpful!!!

April 29th, 2013, 06:24 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HELLO & Welcome to TTCMA! I totally understand the overwhelming feeling at this point. There are so many terms to learn, but they'll become second nature to you. I had no clue what this was all about when I got her 2.5 years ago...but it does get better! Keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel...the day you're holding your baby!
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search