Experience with CBEFM? My Peak reading comes after FF indicates ovulation

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By *Leah*
  • 1 Post By Lash
  • 1 Post By Lash
  • 1 Post By Lash

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 09:25 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So my peak reading hit for day 16, but if I have one more high temp tomorrow, FF will nail my ovulation on day 15.

Any input? I'm guessing maybe because you only test with FMU that you can still surge and ovulate later that day and then the next morning when you test again with FMU, it's picking up on the end of the surge and reading as peak? Which wouldn't be as confusing if I hadn't gotten ANOTHER peak reading the next morning, which would be 2 days after FF says I've ovulated!

I frustratingly ran out of the basic LH strips a few days ago and decided not to buy anymore unless I need them for the next cycle and now I wish I had them to compare to my temps and CBEFM. It's my first time ever using the monitor.

May 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
The monitor tests LH and Estrogen, so I tend to think it's more accurate than temping...so I'd go with what it is saying, but you are right, it could be detecting the end of your surge as well. Sometimes I'd get 2 days of peaks and sometimes only 1 day.

What setting is FF on for your ovulation detector? Is it set to just read your opks/monitor or the advanced detector? I'm surprised it's not taking your Peak into account with the monitor. Play around with the settings and see if it changes anything for you?

GOOD LUCK CATCHING THAT EGGIE!!!!!! Everything crossed for you!

Has anything else contributed to your temp rise? is it warmer out? sleeping with a blanket etc?
cutenurse24 and KMH like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

May 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
It's freezing here and my temps have been super super erratic compared to my pre-pregnancy charts, so I can only chalk my temps up to crazy hormones, as well as delayed ovulation.

I'm going to go check the settings on FF

It's on advanced. However, they have a new setting that I've never seen before, Research? It's only for VIP and I have VIP

It looks like no matter what temp I put in, it's going to set my ovulation on Day 15, but I had a Peak reading that day and still on the next, so I'm interested to see what today's reading says. I didn't set it until the afternoon on the first day so I can't test until the afternoon
*Leah* likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
My reading today is high, and if you dont' know the levels, it's low, high and peak. So High means that my hormones are starting to wane and I did at least attempt to ovulate
*Leah* likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 12:45 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I have never used CBEFM only the OPK. I also could never get a good BBT day to day so I gave up on BBT. I am of no help in this situation.

I hope you can catch that eggie though!
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
May 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I wish I knew!
But I hope you O and its a strong one (hug)
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

May 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm no help either. But wanted to wish you luck to catch the egg

May 4th, 2013, 06:36 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From what I understand the CBEFM takes a few months to "get to know you" and becomes more accurate over the course of a few months of using it...based on your temperatures, it definitely seems like you Oed...you may have Oed on CD 16? Coould you ask your RE to do a progesterone check at 7DPO just so that you would have an idea of if you actually Oed or not?
either way, your timing was perfect!

Last edited by fromustobaby; May 4th, 2013 at 07:16 PM.
May 5th, 2013, 04:17 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
YAY for Oing!!! And yes, now that fromustobaby mentions it, it does get to know you better in the coming months. But I hope you don't need coming months
May 5th, 2013, 07:58 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Moving on to adoption
Is a CBEFM worth it? I've noticed the last few months BBT has been all over the place for me. I've got the point where I just want to wait til we get to IVF next year.

"Worry is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere"
(easier in theory than practice!)
May 5th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I think it is for me, especially since it checks for LH and estrogen. I was having multiple "surges" with my LH strips only and on this I get a very clear 2 days of Peak reading when my LH surges were harder to interpret. The machine was able to detect my REAL surge and that was so much nicer to have
*Leah* likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search