darn nurse tried to cancel my Clomid cycle. grr.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By Sunrise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started my 150mg of Clomid Tuesday night. As I knew it would, it totally kicked my butt by Wednesday afternoon. Fever, shivering, migraine, throwing up (did you know you can throw up while driving? haha). I looked at my DG Wednesday night, and I was like, I don't know what we are going to do if this cycle doesn't work because I am NOT doing this again.

Thursday I called the nurses, because while I was feeling better I figured they'd want to know. I had no idea she was going to try to cancel my cycle! I tell her all my symptoms and she immediately starts saying, oh that's not good, that's really severe, you must not be tolerating it well, etc etc.

I appreciated the concern, I really did, but when I tried to explain to her that I've gotten migraines since I was 18 and that 50mg of Clomid had triggered them (as had 100) and that it wasn't a surprise to me, she pulled the Nurse card on me! And I quote, "I have 9 years of infertility nursing experience and this is not a good response and you need to stop taking the Clomid". Excuse me? I have 30 years with this body so I over rule you lady!!!

She finally agreed to call the doc and call me back, and then she did she was all, well Dr. Morris says with your migraine history and your clomid history he's not concerned. That's what I tried to tell you lady!!

Ugg, that's what I get for listening to DH and calling the nurse.
Thanks for listening to my rant
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

May 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Crazy nurse!! I am glad that the doctor listened to you and your cycle wasn't cancelled. Sorry you got so sick and the Clomid triggered a migraine Fingers crossed for you this cycle!!!

May 18th, 2013, 01:47 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
Sucks she was rude but if a patient called me with your symptoms after taking a medication I would be on the same path. Glad it got squared away!

May 18th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Sucks she was rude but if a patient called me with your symptoms after taking a medication I would be on the same path. Glad it got squared away!
You're right... I think I was just so surprised because I've always gotten sick from the Clomid and no other nurse has ever batted an eye. Of course, I wouldn't want to take it if it was going to harm me, but I'd had already gotten through the worst part so I was just thinking, nooooo don't make me stop it!!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

May 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yikes! Hope you are feeling better and that you have nice, fat follies growing!
Luvgreen19 likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had those terrible side effects! I know the nurse ment well but pulling the seniority card is never the way to go. Sorry lady, if you THINK you want to cancel the cycle, you should call the dr before you make that recommendation to the patient. Good for you for holding your ground.

I hope this is your cycle and you never have to do the again!
Luvgreen19 likes this.

May 18th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that happened to you. Way to.go for.standing your ground and sticking up for yourself.
May 19th, 2013, 12:54 AM
BLAHSWIFE
Sorry hun some nurses are all book with no compassion... But we're not all like that hang in there with the s/e and hopefully this is your cycle for your BFP.

DS 13y/o DSS 6 y/o DSD 2 y/o

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search