Does clomid help increase Testosterone levels? BTDT ladies, WWYD?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By *Whiskey*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I am going to research tonight but here is what I have:
DH's prolactin was normal, go figure.
Testosterone 276 so still really low....
UR (who specializes in fertility) wrote us this:

Quote:
The karyotype (chromosomes) was normal

Testosterone low as before - pituitary hormones normal

In this setting I would give one of two medicines that will increase testosterone and hopefully help sperm function and therefor fertility.

One would be clomiphene (Clomid) the other Arimidex. Both are easy but would take 3-4 months to know if helping (possibly sooner)

You can research them a little if you want in the male setting

Or I can just prescribe one of them.
So he was suprised at our last appointment that DH has a good count because normally low T means low count. But his morpholgy is really bad.
So does clomid or the other med help with morphology? Or do they raise T and that will help with morph?
Is there any chance it could make things worse?

I do know that after all this TTCMA stuff is done, we will supplement DH. He needs it.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

May 25th, 2013, 07:22 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
I was told that yes clomid helps with testosterone, morphology, motility. Clomid works on the sperm like it works on follicles. He can also try clomid/hCG but the doses have to be correct or it can have the opposite effect. And because of the cycle of sperm growth it takes 90 days to see what changes the clomid can make.

I would be comfortable with a low dose clomid approach. It's what DH took. 25 mg a day for 25 days. The only side effects were he slept better, had more energy and his already healthy drive doubled lol.
cutenurse24 and Onelove121 like this.

Last edited by *Whiskey*; May 25th, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
May 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Super Mommy
GL hun!!!! DH just started his Clomid (25 mg/day) last week due to low T. He is also on an herb prescribed by herbalist. Prolactin, LH and FSH was on higher end of average, but TSH was low. He had another u/s today then endocrinologist next week. After 3 mths of Fertilaid, Count boost and Motility boost and a few weeks on olive leaf extract, DH's count almost doubled, but motility and morph still very low. Dr said low TSH and low T can impact count, motility AND morph, so hoping the Clomid and thyroid meds improve all areas.
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

May 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Super Mommy
Also, DH's testosterone DOUBLED after 2 1/2 weeks on olive leaf extract!!! But, dr still recommended the Clomid. DH goes in for bloodwork a month after starting the Clomid to check T levels and estradiol. Adjustments to dosage will be made accordingly. He will then have an in-office semen analysis in 3 mths. He said if that didn't work, HCG is another option.
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

May 25th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I am excited to see DH with more T. I really wonder how many years he has suffered with this
We have had awesome results with all the supplements and I think thats why his counts are so great, but the morph is bad and I am hoping this help. Really tho I am hoping I get pg before it has a chance to help
THANK YOU ladies!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search