Needing little suggestions

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Impatientlywaiting

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Impatientlywaiting's Avatar Veteran
This may make zero difference in getting a BFP or not but I'm looking for any suggestions to help me out. I've had IUIs before and I live a pretty healthy lifestlye but I'm always open for new tips.

I exercise daily (I do insanity which can be a rather intense workout) but usually give it a rest during the TWW. I typically eat 1200-1400 calories a day.

Like I said, just looking for any tips to help me be as healthy through this cycle
June 25th, 2013, 02:17 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Drinking and eating whole fat dairy is supposed to boost fertility. Eat pineapple after you have ovulated is supposed to help support implantation. Keep your feet warm. Acupuncture thing - warm feet = warm uterus

Also, if you are working out AND eating only 1200-1400 calories (which is technically a weight loss calorie deficit) Your body may be thinking you are trying to lose weight and it can put your reproductive organs on standby...because your body is thinking it's in "starvation mode"...I'm totally NOT saying you are starving, nor am I in any way saying you are not eating healthily...I'm just bringing up a point my acupuncturist brought up to me regarding intake calories. I would make sure you stay more towards the 1400+ range (or add more if you are exercising), just so that doesn't happen (not that it IS, and not that it would, I'm just sharing info! ) - I really hope this doesn't come across wrong...

I think walking is super great to get the blood pumping and extra blood to the reproductive organs.

I think Acupucture is awesome and I'm so glad you have started going. They can help balance your body in ways we don't even realize there is a problem!

A baby aspirin every day (except when you have AF) can help with a nice, fluffy lining .

Best of luck to you!

Are you doing an IUI this cycle or just TI?
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

June 25th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Thank u sooo much- great advice there! And no you absolutely did not come off wrong. That's info I need!
And I'm doing and IUI with injectable meds. This is my first cycle since having stage 4 endo removed so I'm very excited!
*Leah* likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Ok so excuse me while i ramble and i hope i make sense to someone other than me.
I was looking up working out because I used to do rollerderby. I read some studies about high intensity exercise (mainly running)not being good for fertility. I am an all or nothing so I am sure my heart-rate was through the roof. I never it that hard during the 2ww but the first 2 weeks I did. I decided last winter to give it up for lighter cardio (not easy, but trying to keep my HR no higher than 145).
I dont know if that means anything to you but I know how crazy the workout you are doing it!
Leah has me walking a bit more. I hate walking but I agree with her that it is probably really good for me

Make sure you are drinking a ton of water. What supplements are you on? Fertility massage is supposed to be good. I kinda do my own modified version. You can look on youtube for ideas. Lemon water is supposed to be good especially in the morning warm first thing (blech). Green tea but I prefer white tea. No sugar (I suck). Organic dairy and meat.
Guided meditation for fertility has been good for me too! I kinda wanna bring in my headphones and do it while doing acupuncture
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

June 26th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks Lucy! As far as meds im on prenatsls, asparin, metformin, femera and bravelle at the moment. Im going to try the madsage therspy at my acupuncture center! Ive read about spearmint tea which Ive been drinking daily.

Ive lost weight last year and do pretty well but I've been craving sugar BADLY!!
June 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
If you wanted to, you could add more supplements. I am on a ton but you don't necessarily need all those. My thought process is that if we have to do IVF I want my eggs in ship shape And it can't hurt my IUI cycles. Let me know if you want ideas
Due with #3
My blog

June 26th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Yes please! As long as it wont interact sith my IUI i'm game! My DH's swimmers are pretty great but I thought about getting him some of that fertilaid just for added support. Let me knowyour suggestions please!
June 26th, 2013, 04:26 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Can you do baby aspirin and acupuncture at the same time? I have thought about it, but worried about bleeding a lot?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

June 26th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Yea I dont see why not. It's just 81mg of aspirin. Not a high enough dose to make you bleed much
June 27th, 2013, 01:50 AM
I replied to your PM

Oh and ya I woudn;t worry about bleeding with acupuncture unless they are crazy... I am a bleeder and don't bleed at all with it.
Due with #3
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search