Looks like our TTC journey is over

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2013, 10:15 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
Had a thorough ultrasound done last week and now have to go for a STAT MRI next week. There are 8 or 9 large fibroids in my uterus. With my history of uterine cancer, the nurse from my clinic (my primary doctor no longer works there) said that the doctor reviewing my results recommends a hysterectomy so I'm having the MRI to confirm the results.

So with that being said the decision is out of our hands it seems. I have done a lot of crying these past few hours. I will be leaving the board, I appreciate the support to this point and I will keep y'all in my prayers.
July 6th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Impatientlywaiting's Avatar Veteran
Oh I'm so sorry you're going through that. I don't know you personally but anyone TTCMA has to be a wonderful person with a big heart and lots of love to give. I'll never understand why ****** things happen to good people. Praying for you!
July 6th, 2013, 10:28 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
oh Jen I'm so sorry. If you'd like to keep in touch via facebook, please PM me and I will give you my info. I will miss seeing you around and wish you the best of luck with everything

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

July 6th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whiskey have they determine they are cancerous? Lots and lots of women have fibroids that are never cancerous and you can simply do a fibroid removal. I've had multiple removed and a huge majority are almost never cancerous

On the other hand I grew up with a mother with cancer and have always said that if I ever found that I tested for the genes for something like breast-cancer or ovarian or uterine cancer, everything would be coming out as fast as possible!

How much removal are they going to do? Are they going to do an entirely full removal of all reproductive organs? Are they open to taking out some eggs and freezing eggs in case you decide you want to use them down the road with a Gestational carrier? Lots of clinics will bank your eggs for free if you're looking at removal for cancer possibilities. You may not think that you would want them now but once they are gone sometimes those feelings change. Even if you never use them with a GC at all, having them on ice might make you feel better in general just so you still have options. There isn't much about that can happen just from having more options.
MIL2lissy8 and *Leah* like this.

July 6th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Super Mommy
Whiskey... I am so sorry *hugs*
July 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
Lash - according to the nurse they do not think they are cancerous at this time but when I was 19 I had a small malignant tumor removed and that's why the doctor suggested the hysterectomy. I do not want my ovaries removed. I don't see a doctor until after the MRI, but I will do my best to keep them.

I had not considered freezing eggs but thank you for mentioning it. DH and I will talk about a GC. I'm so heartbroken right now and I really don't know enough about tht process I think in a few days I will put my big girl panties on and start researching it.
July 6th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Girl, take at least a week and 3 gallons of ice cream and don't even process being a big girl!

Do you know how fast I tried to be "Strong and Adult and DOING GRIEF THE RIGHT WAY"? Do you know how miserably you fail when you try that? It's ok to take a few days to just wail and be mad and then do it all over again in a few weeks or few months. It's grief and it's a loss no matter how you word it. I only mention it now so you don't have to think of any of it on your own. I'll even look up some clinics in your area if you want and see who offers free egg banking

My mom kept her ovaries but they didn't continue working. They hoped that they would keep producing estrogen and they could just take the uterus but they just stopped anyways, so I would definitely look into egg banking before just in case
*Leah* and JessicaW like this.

July 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I ditto Lauren- take the time to wallow and eat ice cream and sulk. It's allowed and totally should be an official part of the steps of grief.

After the MRI when you have a few more answers, then you can start to really think and decide. Let us know if we can do ANYTHING to help, researching, sending you silly pics, whatever. We love you.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

July 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so so sorry. I'm heartbroken for you I have no other words besides HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGS!
July 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry sweetie!!!! Great advice from the other ladies. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers love ♥♥♥
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

July 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
You have been on my mind lately and I was going to start a post asking how you were....I hadn't seen you around lately. I wholehearted agree with Lash...take some time to process this before you decide anything.

I am frustrated for you regarding this diagnosis. I / We are all here for you. Msg me if you need to chat...anytime. ((HUGS))

Please do not leave this board right now. You need us and we are here for you...
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

July 6th, 2013, 02:02 PM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
So sorry to read this. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Please take all the time you need and know that we are here for you. Please don't leave the board. I would like to know how you are doing and have enjoyed getting to know you on this board as well as valued all of your advice and opinions on things. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
July 6th, 2013, 02:47 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had words, but I can't find any. I'm crying with you, and I wish I could find the right thing to say to help you.

Jen's right, we all do love you, and we are here for you, and hope that you will pop by when you feel like you can.
July 6th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I just replied to your email before I saw this and now I feel like a jerk!
I am emailing you...
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 6th, 2013, 05:15 PM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Life can just be so unfair. We're all thinking of you. And don't worry about being strong. However you feel and however you react is exactly the right way. ((hugs))

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

July 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Thinking of you.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

July 6th, 2013, 08:21 PM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS!! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

July 7th, 2013, 02:12 AM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry to read this. Maybe get a second opinion before doing anything drastic? Can they biopsy the fibroids before a hysterectomy? I don't know if any of this is helpful, just throwing out ideas. The other ladies have offered a lot of good advice. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. It is just the most unfair turn.

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

July 7th, 2013, 06:55 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Sending you huge hugs...I am so sorry that you were given such awful news. Lauren had great advice; we are all here for you with whatever you need whenever you need it.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm new to the board and haven't met you, but I wanted you to know I'm so very sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search