U/S this morning **Pic update**

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree60Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I thought Jessica was just trying to point out why you wouldn't want twins so you aren't as disappointed should another not show up next week Like trying to ease the blow/disappointment? *shrug* Maybe I'm wrong?
I know I am preparing for twins (with transferring two and just a gut feeling) and I will be disappointed at least a little if there are not so I will probably read her post to try and make myself feel a little better. Try to think of all the reasons I don't want twins so it's not yet another blow in the TTCMA journey y/k?
*Melissa* and *Whiskey* like this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 21st, 2013, 02:51 PM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucy, I see what you're saying and can understand that point of view. May be I'm just super hormonal. I don't think that Jessica meant any disrespect or harm. I was simply trying to point out that I've had a very long journey and I'm allowed to feel disappointed, as pointed out by other ladies on here. Until you've done ivf, seen the embryos, put the picture of the embryos in a frame on your dresser bc you're so in love with those babies, and then finally (after numerous bfns after seeing and loving embryos that you swore were going to be your babies) get pregnant knowing that you transferred two...others shouldn't be questioning how I'll ever fly on a plane or go food shopping.
I do appreciate the point of view that she's trying not to get my hopes up. Believe me, I really am happy to be pregnant with one or two. I just need JM support for whatever happens not telling me that breastfeeding and vaginal birth aren't options for me anymore.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

July 21st, 2013, 04:03 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
I agree with Lucy but I also believe Jessica could have perhaps worded it better.

This is an incredibly emotional time and while no one should pussyfoot around each other, we should be considerate of their situations and be supportive regardless of what our own personal opinions are. Everyone is allowed to feel however they feel. That's what makes us human and such an amazing board!!
MandyEllen likes this.

July 21st, 2013, 09:38 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its also key to measure context. Had this been a general thread about "what would you do" asking for input from each member how they personally feel about twins, sure, announce that you think they could be a nightmare to YOU.

However. In a personal thread in which the OP already is processing possible sadness and grief, its NEVER ok to invalidate that grief. Its her thread. Until she's asking for reasons to boost her up about this or that, the truth is that for now she's holding hope for twins. And that should be supported

Maybe I'm sensitive to this topic in general but grief should always be validated. Telling someone why a loss is good is absolutely never a good idea. And since she transfered two, if one doesn't take, thats a loss to her (and to me of you want my opinion). Don't talk about why that should be celebrated.

I think that the moral of the story is: if an infertile woman is telling you that she's trying to hang on to hope, don't try to take that away from her. Thats about all we have left. Its the equal to "oh you don't want kids, mine are a handful and look at all the things you can do if you stay childfree! Its a blessing really. You don't want this life". We all cringe when we hear that. This is the same.
*JenJen*, *Leah* and kayakr like this.

Last edited by Lash; July 21st, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
July 22nd, 2013, 12:06 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I agree your numbers are amazing

Hopefully your other baby will make his or her presence known at the next ultrasound- since we all know your numbers make it highly likely, and it's happened maaany times before- and to our own JM girls no less!!!

And for the record, my due date buddy who also had twins in July had hers both vaginally ( I had one vaginally and one c-section) and she is STILL exclusively BF'ing them ( they are almost 1) I was able to BF for 4 months, then pumped until they were 10 months- exclusive breast milk.
So- it does happen. And it was beautiful- never nightmarish.
kayakr likes this.
July 22nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi guys,

Big sorry about my earlier post. Definitely did not mean to make anything more stressful than it already is or to knock anyone or point out any bad points. Again, very sorry for my inexpertly worded post.

I had noted in the earlier part of the thread that Mandy seemed disappointed not to be having twins (at least at this point according to the scan). I was trying to point out, very badly done however, a number of reasons why singletons are great and why I personally always hope for a singleton. So Lucy was right in that I was trying to soften the blow of the scan and give her reasons to be feel good about a singleton.

Ugh, boy, I did it badly though! If I had it to write over again I would have phrased it as "great things about singletons" rather than bad things about twins. Or actually, I probably wouldn't have written it at all! So sorry to anyone I offended.

Jessica

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

July 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Super Mommy
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk!!!!! SO EXCITED for you!!!!! Can't wait til your u/s Friday ♥♥♥
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

July 23rd, 2013, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyEllen View Post
Lucy, I see what you're saying and can understand that point of view. May be I'm just super hormonal. I don't think that Jessica meant any disrespect or harm. I was simply trying to point out that I've had a very long journey and I'm allowed to feel disappointed, as pointed out by other ladies on here. Until you've done ivf, seen the embryos, put the picture of the embryos in a frame on your dresser bc you're so in love with those babies, and then finally (after numerous bfns after seeing and loving embryos that you swore were going to be your babies) get pregnant knowing that you transferred two...others shouldn't be questioning how I'll ever fly on a plane or go food shopping.
I do appreciate the point of view that she's trying not to get my hopes up. Believe me, I really am happy to be pregnant with one or two. I just need JM support for whatever happens not telling me that breastfeeding and vaginal birth aren't options for me anymore.
Aw hun I'm sorry... I don't want to add any stress.
I am not sure how I am going to handle IVF... I am afraid transferring 2 and only one making it will in its own way heartbreaking.
Due with #3
My blog

July 23rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I only read the first page the first time I posted...but wanted to say Mandy, that I have two friends that breastfed twins for well over a year and one of those mommas had a vaginal delivery. Nothing is out of the question.

Can't wait to hear about your next appt ((HUGS))!
MandyEllen likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

July 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went to LLL meetings when pregnant and there were plenty of breastfeeding twin mom's there!
MandyEllen likes this.

July 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful baby and beautiful numbers!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
July 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Is it Friday yet?
MandyEllen likes this.
Due with #3
My blog

July 25th, 2013, 05:54 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I know right!!! Friday is a big day!
MandyEllen likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
July 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
Tomorrow is it!!!! Can't wait to see what's going on in that tummy of yours!!!
July 25th, 2013, 01:02 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
eeeeeeeek!!!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search