Waiting for O

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
Well I haven't posted since my HSG results 2 months ago. All b/w for me and DH and the HSG came back normal so we proceeded with our first official MA cycle (in 3 years). After inducing AF with Provera the witch showed for one day in the form of mild spotting and nothing more. I took the Letrozole on CD3 thru 7.

I was completely unhopeful that the Letrozole was working as I had no side effects and because of my lack of AF. Today is CD16 and I went in for a scan ... I have 2 maturing follies - 16mm and 24mm. Doc says I should ovulate in the next 48-72 Hrs. I am cautiously optimistic. 12 cycles over the years on Clomid and I only O'ed once. I don't know if my follies grew and never released as I had no mid cycle monitoring except for a CD21 progesterone draw. I'll have a Progesterone draw next week.

In the meantime we BD'd on CD12, 14 and 15. Doc has said wait tonight and BD again on CD 17 and CD19 for best results. The waiting now is the worst part of course. Right now I don't even really care if we get pg this cycle ... well that's a lie cuz we ALL wanna get pg this cycle! ... I'm more anxious to find out if I actually ovulate without a trigger on these meds because I am completely annovulatory without MA. We've never had such positive results so quickly with any of our TTCMA adventures.

So all my ramblings come down to trying to be cautiously optimistic that I will O this week but terrified I won't. Never mind the TWW, this next week will be incredibly long just waiting to find out if I O.

Thanks for listening. :-)

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

July 23rd, 2013, 02:37 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict

How come they don't trigger you?
I know for me, I can get some pretty crazy big follicles and I know at a certain point you don't want them too big so trigger works well for me. Also I have read (please correct me if I am wrong) but trigger helps ensure you O both bot just the lead.

Regardless it sounds promising! And because you had little symptoms maybe this is the perfect combo for you! I know my symptoms with Femara was FAR less!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 23rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
My RE likes to be as minimally invasive as possible. So this cycle it was just the Letrozole (Femara) and see what happens. If I don't O on my own then next cycle will be Letrozole plus trigger. If that cycle I O but don't get pg then it will be Letrozole plus trigger plus IUI.

I'll see after this cycle what happens and if we don't O and/or are not pg I may push for the trigger and IUI next cycle.

Right now I'm just happy that the meds seems to be working. 12 previous failed cycles of Clomid over the years and 1 physically and emotionally retching cycle of injectibles I am just happy to be responding to the meds.

Trying to stay positive and hope for the best.

Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

July 23rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
I am 36yo so i say this from a standpoint where I feel for you, but there is no way I would take it slowly. I just think time is not on our side with this and I don't think TTCMA is really a half in or half out type of thing. If I had to choose I would pick a trigger over Femara on a stance of what is worse on your body. Just my .02
Also from what I know of clomid, that many cycles is not good for you. When was the last time you had your CD3 labs done?

I hope I am not overstepping. I just say what I hope people would say to me if I was where they are.
Due with #3
My blog

July 23rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Not overstepping at all. :-)

The 12 rounds of Clomid were over 5 years. This is a new RE and our first cycle actively TTCMA in 4 years ... our last go so to speak. I am completely annovulatory - don't ovulate on my own - so I need the Letrozole for ovulation induction. Because I've taken a lot of Clomid in the past this RE started me on the Letrozole for ovulation induction. It apparently works well for people who don't respond to Clomid and it doesn't have the risks Clomid does. She wanted to try it for one cycle because I did get pregnant (and have my son) after a cycle in which I O'ed. Her belief is that I can get pg as long as I O which has always been an issue for me. I've responded well to the Letrozole - better than I responded to the injectibles.

This is only my second cycle in 4 years ... I haven't had AF since Oct 2008 ... I had an induced cycle in May (only spotted on CD1 and that was it) - that was cycle # 1 which included full CD3 b/w (7 vials) plus another HSG - all were perfectly normal as was DH's SA. My next induced cycle (again only spotting on CD1) started July 8, putting me on CD16 now.

Thanks for your thoughts. Wishing you the best of luck with your IVF!

July 23rd, 2013, 03:42 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I have never used Femara so I can't say from experience, but it seems like lots of women on here report very minimal side effects...here's hoping it worked for you and you O! Can't wait to hear the progesterone numbers next week!

I'm with Lucy, too...if you don't O this time I'd ask about the trigger for the next cycle. It is relatively inexpensive and the benefits can be tremendous.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 23rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I hope you O, and I double hope that you get your BFP!

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

July 23rd, 2013, 08:44 PM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
I heard that if Clomid doesn't work for you in the first three cycles, it is unlikely to ever work. I O'd on Clomid but did not conceive so after three cycles, we moved on. When we went back to TTCing again, we just skipped the Clomid altogether.

It's great that the different med is provoking more of a response. Hoping this is your cycle!!

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

July 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
My first was a clomid baby so we tried it with #2 (didn't work) and this time too just to see if I could get lucky again!
Good luck to you!!
Due with #3
My blog

July 23rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
Thanks Ladies!

As I said in my second post above, if I don't O this time we will definitely be triggering next cycle.
Right now its the waiting game. I so want to BD tonight just in case ... afraid of missing a chance but the doc wants us to wait until tomorrow as every other day is ideal apparently.

Ah, its going to be a long week until the progesterone test.

July 24th, 2013, 05:35 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Cheering for you O. Good Luck.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
July 30th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Anxiously awaiting my progesterone results from this morning. Not sure how long they'll take - the lab said 2 business days but I know the Dr. gets them faster than that ... hoping by the end of the day and then I can post a TWW thread instead ... something I've rarely been able to do! Oh the things that excite us TTC'ers!

I have absolutely NO focus at work this week. The days are sooooo long. I spend all day thinking, planning, what if it happens, what if it doesn't, I want it, I'm scared of it happening, I'm scared of it not happening .... I hate the mind games with this process. ARGH. Reading every possible twitch and sign of your body. I think I'm going crazy! LOL.

July 30th, 2013, 12:47 PM
CarolinaLife's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope you hear positive feedback soon!!! I have my fingers crossed for you!

I am holding my breath waiting to see if I ovulate this week. It is crazy how worked up you can get BEFORE the TWW!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search