Hi everyone! (new to the board)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 10:00 PM
mrs.ceebee.0915's Avatar waiting for a miracle...
Hey ladies!

I am new to the board and as of today felt I should move over here. As of this afternoon, my hubs and I are officially signed up for an IUI in August! Well, not signed up since I can't predict my actual O date, but my doc is penciling me in for the office to be ready for my IUI! I am a little nervous about the IUI. Not the actual procedure, but just if it will work. I know there is no way of knowing, but my hubs and I have been ttc for 2 years and we are just hoping this will work for us! I am not on any meds (so far), so I am a but unsure if I belong on this board, but I'm giving it a try. I just am looking for a little support (and hopefully give some as well!) as I don't have many people to tell about our troubles that will understand and it is somewhat lonely for me.

A little background on us: We are both 30 y.o. and in August, it will be 2 years of ttc for us. I had a laproscopy and a d&c last month that wound up finding I had a lot of endomitriosis (which I had never been diagnosed with before) and wound up losing one ovary and one tube to in the end. My hubs has a lowered sperm count with some low motility, but otherwise docs have said he is okay. He was also recently diagnosed with diabetes, but so far no one suspects it being behind our issues, so that is a plus. Our do. Did suggest that an IUI may be our best option, but was not a necessity, but we are going for it. We have been ttc for so long (in our eyes) that we want to do whatever we can do to get us to the end point - a family.

So, that is us in a nutshell as we start our IUI journey!

Baby dust to all on these boards!

mrs.ceebee
July 26th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Impatientlywaiting's Avatar Veteran
Hello and welcome! IUI sounds like a good plan! I had a laprascopy in February to remove significant endo (I also did not know I had it) after 2 years of TTC with no luck. We had several failed medicated cycles and iuis before the surgery, good sperm count and only being 24 they were confused to why I still couldnt acheive a pregnancy and the endo seems to be the answer to why. I am now 5 weeks pregnant after my first medicated cycle and iui after the lap. Good luck to you!! KUP!
*Leah* likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 05:41 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
Hi and welcome. Glad you found this board, there are some awesome women here and I've enjoyed my time here and getting to know everyone
July 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Moving on to adoption
Hello and welcome to the board! I hope your IUI goes well and you get your BFP!

"Worry is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere"
(easier in theory than practice!)
July 26th, 2013, 10:05 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
welcome and good luck

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

July 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Hi there!!! Welcome!

July 26th, 2013, 10:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome! That's where I started my TTCMA journey, too...with unmedicated IUIs. I hope it works for you!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict

I also have been TTC for 2 years this summer but we started TTCMA a while back (this is my 3rd time doing TTCMA- i have 2 boys) and it does feel like a long while even tho many people have tried longer. It becomes a part of your routine in life and now I wanna bust out of this routine and start another y/k?
Do plenty of research and ask plenty of questions here! The ladies are very knowledgeable!
Good luck and I hope the IUI works and your stay is short!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 27th, 2013, 07:16 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The ladies here are an abundance of knowledge. Feel free to ask ANYTHING! Good luck with your IUI!
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

July 27th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Hi ladies!

Thanks everyone for such a welcome to the board! You make me feel like this is a great board to be on already and I appreciate that so much! I have been lookin around the boards and already gathering more information for myself and to hear some of your stories. You are all so special to be able to help each other and be a great support, and I am looking forward to getting to know some of you too!

I am mostly just learning more about the IUI process that is to come for me, but also trying to deal with some things going on in hopes to keep from stressing out right before the IUI, but I guess I'll see what happens. Just trying to keep stress out of my life these days, but sometimes it is hard. Just got to stay positive though!

Thanks again for the warm welcome ladies! Baby dust to you all!!!

mrs.ceebee
July 28th, 2013, 12:58 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Welcome and good luck! Acupuncture or massage can help with the stress, if you are worried about that.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

July 28th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Super Mommy
Hey and welcome!!
July 28th, 2013, 04:46 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board. I'm so sorry for your loss along with your complications with surgery.
I hope your iui is wonderful and does the trick!! Good luck to you!!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
July 28th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Veteran
Welcome to the board. You have found a great group of amazing and uplifting women :-)

July 29th, 2013, 05:04 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Fx that the iui gets you your BFP.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

July 29th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I am so thankful to have found this board. The more and more posts I read I see how supportive you are of each other, and that is the vibe I was looking for in a place I can talk about my ttc journey and be myself! I have so many questions but don't know where to start, but I am trying to organize my thoughts to start really using these boards and all of you knowledgable ladies!!!

I was wondering though, I have heard from a friend who is a chiropractor how beneficial chiropractic care can be for all ages, and my aunt says her chiro says he can offer help with aligning a lady's body for pregnancy. So I am just wondering what your thoughts are on a chiro? I was thinking it may also help my stress levels. I know Leah you had recommended acupuncture or a massage - I would love a massage, but I hate needles and have never been able to try acupuncture because of this aversion.
July 29th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Yes I have read a lot on chiro to help with TTC! I tried it but I don't have anywhere close by I like so I gave up
I think it helps make sure the pelvis is aligned and I am sure it helps with blood flow.
Due with #3
My blog

July 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I have never been to a chiro so I'm a little apprehensive about it, but I also want to try as many options as I can, so I'm considering it. I'm debating now on whether try to go before this upcoming IUI or wait until the next? I feel like I am kind if sitting back just doing research and not "doing much" this time around since we decided to go ahead with the IUI. I know there are a few chrio's in my area (though I've never been to any) but I am going to try starting wih the one my aunt suggested. Hoping, hoping, hoping...
July 29th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Well I would do it... I didn't start acupuncture until a couple months ago and I wish looking back I would have done it sooner. I kept saying "I will next cycle".
Due with #3
My blog

July 29th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Impatientlywaiting's Avatar Veteran
I second everything Lucy said about acupuncture. The first time I did it I got my first BFP that cycle... May be random chance but I def think it helped. Also the needles are hair thin... I can't feel most of them when the "tap" them in but the ones you can feel just feel like a tiny mosquito bite. And it's a huge stress reducer on top of all the bloodflow and ovary stumulation benefits

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search