tips needed for after trigger shot !

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By JulieMc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Super Mommy
I am on first round of clomid cd2 to cd6 .I am due my trigger shot in 2 days time ,fingers x all goes well ,question is should I use o tests ? should I bd the day before trigger also day of trigger and following day ? or would it be better to do nothing till day after trigger shot ? .should I then take it easy and put my feet up for next few days ? or just carry on as normal ? have no idea which way to go with all this .any ideas and help I would appreciate ladies .im not pinning my hopes on this all working ,I know my odds are slim ,so anything extra I can do to help my body along a bit would be good .

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
July 27th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Hi Vicki

So are they monitoring you with u/s?
You can pretty much carry on like usual and be fine
I would use OPKs to make sure you don't surge before the trigger. but once you trigger your OPKs will turn + and are useless. Besides you will O 24-72 hours after the trigger so there is not point in taking them.
You can keep temping tho! Some women get funky temps from the trigger but I didn;t and I could see when I O'ed from my temps (later than I would have assumed actually).

I hope this work for you!!!!
vickyblueeyes likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 27th, 2013, 04:24 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I did my trigger Sunday night. I was told to BD Sunday and Tuesday. It ended up being early Sunday morning and late evening Tuesday. It worked for us....I am almost 18 weeks pregnant with twins.... I didn't do anything special afterwards, just went about life as normal. Oh, and I did not use Clomid, I used Follistim and then Ovidrel for my trigger.

One other thought...Clomid is infamous for causing issues with CM..not sure if this is an issue for your or not, but you might want to get some kind of sperm-friendly lube or something to boost your chances.

Good luck!!
vickyblueeyes likes this.

July 27th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Super Mommy
thank you ladies ,im still temping and will have a scan before the trigger on Monday evening ,im just stressing myself out a little over thinking it all , the clomid has turned me into the moody moo from hell !!! so I will ask for a change of meds when I see doc before my dh throttle's me !! I did a opk today which was neg so its looking good .the cm looks like its a problem this mth due to the clomid so will be using the friendly lube ,and congratulations juliemc im so glad it worked for you ,have a happy healthy pregnancy enjoy every moment

I am 39 and DH is 40, we have 5 kids

George 15

Lexie 14

Lenny 11

Billy 7

Ellie 3

Trying for number 6 but will be number one with DH

DH Kids

Andrew 20

Holly 18

Amelia 4
July 28th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Sounds good! Try not to stress- easier said than done i know! Try acupuncture

Ya and if you have issues with clomid switch to femara! It was night and day for me! I think some have issues with femara too but it seems far less!

Good luck hun!! KUP!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search