2nd Round Clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 06:32 AM
CarolinaLife's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I figured I would introduce myself a little in here. I am currently on my second round of clomid. I had not been ovulating since I stopped taking birth control in October 2012. Last cycle, I actually ovulated, and had a period. That was certainly a step in the right direction! Now, my dr upped my dosage to 100mg of Clomid.

Now, I am waiting to ovulate on this cycle. I think I may be gearing up to ovulate ( honestly, I thought my temp would have risen today but it didn't ) I felt twinges yesterday on the right, have had breast sensitivity since yesterday, and now today I feel a little dull pain on the left side? Our bodies can be so weird!

Today, is cd 17.Have any of you ladies had late ovulation even with clomid? Last cycle, I ovulated on cd20. I am really hoping I ovulate before then. DH just found out yesterday he us going to be training Friday-Tuesday.... So our last chance to TRY is Thursday.
July 31st, 2013, 08:27 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Welcome and good luck. I ovulated quite late on my last few clomid cycles- CD17-19. It's very normal to ovulate later than CD14 even on clomid. Hopefully you will O Thursday or Friday so you guys can really try this cycle. Is your doctor doing any monitoring with the cycle at all?

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

July 31st, 2013, 10:57 AM
I really hope I ovulate in the next couple days. I did an OPK this am, and it was pretty close to positive if it isn't already ( I'm not the best at reading them). I'll test again when I get off work this evening.

My dr isn't monitoring this cycle. She had run every bloodwork test under the sun before starting me on provera/ clomid last cycle. Nothing showed up abnormal hormonally, my body has just struggled to cycle after being on bc. Last cycle she was so excited because I started on my own without provera. She thinks I just needed a little boost, and wants to see how this cycle goes before intervening any more.
July 31st, 2013, 11:19 AM
Super Mommy
Just wanted to say good luck! !!!
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

July 31st, 2013, 12:23 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
Hey, there!

The two cycles I O'ed on Clomid were around CD21/22. I am completely annovulatory without medical intervention.

We are doing Femara this time round and I had 2 good follies on CD16 but as of today (CD24) have not O'ed yet so it's definitely possible (and common) to O later than the "textbook" CD14.

Good luck to you! Hoping you see your BFP really soon!

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

July 31st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
It's not unheard of to O later with clomid but without monitoring it's hard to tell whats going on... shot in the dark kinda thing. I believe they do like to see O sooner though in the cycle- better egg quality? By sooner I think before CD20 but I would do some research if I were you
How has your CM been? Clomid can make it hostile but for some women it's fine and they can still use it to watch for O.

Good luck!! Hope you get to BD this cycle and it leads to a BFP!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 31st, 2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks, ladies!

I have a feeling today or tomorrow is O day! Maybe wishful thinking as well! Haha I'm glad to know I'm not alone in a later O day. I was really upset last cycle that it wasn't until CD 20. Fingers crossed it is before then this time!
August 1st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Fingers Crossed!

My Blog

August 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks ladies! My temp rose this am, so I felt pretty confident that I ovulated yesterday.... But then I got a super positive opk today.... ( Yesterday i got an borderlinebpositive in the am and then wasnt able to test that afternoon/ evening) So I guess I will wait and see what my temp does tomorrow.

Anyone else get a pos OPK on the same day as a temp rise?
August 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM
your temp can start rising the day before O as hormones start to shift. Remember, you can't confirm O with temps without several days of sustained and obviously shifted temps.

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search