Blood test came back......

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2006, 03:47 PM
candy123365's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to candy123365
Negative, I just don't get it. The nurse said she didn't know why I would get a + HPT and negative blood test. If I don't get my period by thursday I have to have another blood test. Has anyone ever went through this.

July 31st, 2006, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
this happened to me!!!!! i had 8 positive htp's, 4 diffrent brands all come up positive and i went in for a blood test and it was negative. went to a diffrent doctor and they did another blood test also negative. they had no explanation for why those tests were positive. well the second doc didnt. the first just made me feel rediculous like i had seen things. i knew for certain there was a second line. i'm so sorry that this happened to you. and i'm sorry i cant be of more help!!!

July 31st, 2006, 07:01 PM
candy123365's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to candy123365
Quote:
this happened to me!!!!! i had 8 positive htp's, 4 diffrent brands all come up positive and i went in for a blood test and it was negative. went to a diffrent doctor and they did another blood test also negative. they had no explanation for why those tests were positive. well the second doc didnt. the first just made me feel rediculous like i had seen things. i knew for certain there was a second line. i'm so sorry that this happened to you. and i'm sorry i cant be of more help!!![/b]

Thank you, it is like someone just sucker punches you. My nurses and doctor are great. They would never make me feel that way. My nurse told me if I didnt get my period by thursday to come back and they would retest. I called the makers of the confirm pregnancy test and they are going to refund my money, but the damage has been done. The test was digital the + lit up blue for postive and the negative lit up yellow. I got the blue plus but guess it was wrong.

August 1st, 2006, 02:10 AM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
sweetie!

I can only imagine how disappointed you are now. I would be bummed too! I am so sorry about that!! I am glad that the company is giving you a refund though. Maybe your next blood test will come back as a this time!! I will keep my fingers crossed for ya. Update us when you find something out.

August 1st, 2006, 09:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You may have had a chemical pregnancy. That is where you did have a postitive test at some point but then the following tests are negative. You may have fertilized and not implanted, causing a rise in your HCG levels but never "following through". Just a thought. Good luck to you.
August 2nd, 2006, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear that.

August 2nd, 2006, 09:39 AM
milo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(HUGS) I am so sorry My heart is breaking for you.

New Plan Of ACTION~~Lose weight and exercise, wait for referral to Gyno,after 6 months no BFP onto IUI~~<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12551b" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
August 2nd, 2006, 01:30 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I"m sorry to hear that, I can't imagine how hard that would be.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
August 2nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dayrey
I agree with the chemical pregnancy response - unfortunely we can test sooo early these days I do believe alot of women are pregnant only to miscarry early. So sorry to hear about your ordeal - but remember pupo (pregnant till proven otherwise - and that means AF!)
Good luck
Dee
<iframe src = "http://w89.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstamp&featurena me=Familystamp&pa=/k222/dayrey01/siggie%20stamps/" height = 405 width = 390 border='0' frameborder='0' ></iframe>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search