new plan...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Veteran
So I finally got in to see my RE yesterday. This cycle is still a BFN and my trigger shot was 17 days ago. Just waiting for AF to show up.

So after talking to her, fully expecting to end up on an injectible medication of some sort (that was what we talked about at our first meeting if we didn't get the results with the clomid). She flat out said she will not do injectibles with me unless it is an IVF cycle. Apparently my AMH hormone level is way too high (it is a 5, and normal is greater than 1, but that is way too high apparently). She said it basically tells her that my ovaries will respond WAY too well to the injectible meds and puts me at a very high risk for hyperstimulation. She said she is not suggesting IVF at this point.

She wants to have me take femara this cycle and still continue the glucophage and have the ovidrel trigger shot, but wants it as an IUI cycle. I have never done IUI before; it has always worked with timed intercourse. I'm glad we have a new plan in place, I just don't understand why the push for IUI just because we are switching meds.

Any advice/info on IUI would be greatly appreciated. Hoping maybe it will be the last cycle.

August 28th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Hmmm..
Sorry if this is in your OP but did you O with clomid? What dose did you take?
I think most people who do not respond to clomid, Femara might not work either. And obviously if you arent Oing, and IUI is useless.
If you did O on clomid and not get PG, I would suggest try Femara with IUI before inject. meds.
If you do get to the point where you do cycles of Femara and IUI and don't get pg, I would seek another opinion on injectable meds. I personally feel with a good RE you won't get OHSS and in fact a good RE can give a 20yo stims and not over stimulate them, but get them a better number of follicles to increase the chance to get PG.
I respond really well to clomid and femara (I can get 4 follicles) so I didn't bother with injectable medications, but if I didn't get at least 3 with oral meds I would have exhausted that route before moving onto IVF.

Sorry if I am all over the place
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

August 31st, 2013, 08:16 AM
Veteran
I used to produce at least 3 follicles on the clomid, but lately I am only producing 1. The dr is changing the medicine figuring the clomid isn't working so well for me any more. I O with an ovidrel shot. I have never O'd on my own. The dr is hoping this Femara is going to work better for me at producing follicles. I'm not sure why she is pushing to move on to the IUI. We had a chemical 2 cycles ago, so the physical aspect doesn't seem to be the issue.

August 31st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Yes if you got PG two cycles ago I would def try Femara. The IUI will just help your odds on it happening sooner.
I still am not sure I would completely skip inject. meds BUT I think thats a road you won't have to cross and should you, I suggest a second opinion anyhow.
Oh and were you on progesterone?

good luck to you!!!
Due with #3
My blog

September 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Veteran
I was not on progesterone. I have never needed it in the past. Is this something I need to look into?

September 1st, 2013, 04:03 PM
Oh no I was just curious. Did you have your progesterone checked 7dpo? If it's good then no worries!
Due with #3
My blog

September 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Veteran
I don't think I have ever had it tested.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search