We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So last month we did an unmedicated IUI and it didn't work. We are now waiting to do our second IUI and this cycle we did a 50mg dose of Clomid (cd5-9). I just had my cd12 ultrasound this morning, but the doctor wasn't my normal doc and wasn't very talkative compared to my regular doc. She was a little rushed as well as they were a little backed up when I was there, but she said overall everything looked good. I will talk to my regular doc in the next couple days but thought I'd get your ladies thoughts on my results. She said that I had 4 follicles, three that were mature at 21.5, 24, and 21 and one that was not mature at 12. She said my lining was an 11 and three lines (not sure what this means). She then looked at my file and said she is a little concerned about my thyroid, it was at 2.65 on 6/25/13, and wants to put me on some meds for it (she redid my bloodwork to check it again). I had talked about my thyroid with my regular doc and she said it was fine where it was and I didn't need to be on meds. If the doc I saw today wants me to go on it, I will talk to my regular doc first, but what do you ladies think? The doc today then tried to tell me I needed to have my IUI tomorrow even though I didn't get a positive opk yet (and I have been). I asked her about it and if I should wait for my positive opk and she took her time before saying it would be okay to wait, but when I asked if I needed to do it sooner and why she didn't seem to have an answer for me. Should I have just done the IUI tomorrow instead of waiting (I expect to O by this weekend)?
Sorry for all of that. It wound up being more than I planned to write. I just want to make sure this cycle is still on track since it is my first one on Clomid.
Those are pretty big follicles, so that may be why she wanted you to do the IUI sooner rather than later. Are you doing a trigger shot? Usually they trigger you at around 18mm and then it is about 21ish when you ovulate...and better to have the swimmers there and waiting for those eggs when they do pop.
Some regular Drs may think your Thyroid tests are in normal range, but if they are even just a little off for TTC...it can cause issues. I'm glad your Dr. is looking into it and retesting you.
3 lines for the lining is what they want to see. With IVF they usually tell me when it's 1, 2 then 3 layers....and 11 for your lining is great. Anything over 10 is good. So that may be another reason for the IUI..your eggs and lining all seem to be in great areas for ovulation time.
Best of luck to you!!
__________________ TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
So jealous of an 11 for your lining! Mine was only 7.5 even for my FET when I was injecting Estrogen and shoving pills up my hoo-hah...I would have killed for an 11
The upper limit for TSH for the first trimester of pregnancy is 2.5...if it is higher it can increase your chances of miscarriage. I think it is great that your doctor wants to get your levels managed asap! Just remember to get it checked frequently when you are pregnant so your meds can be adjusted as necessary.
I'm also guessing that they were wanting to do the IUI sooner because of follie size. Have your docs talked to you about a trigger shot? The shot is only around $50 out-of-pocket and completely takes the guesswork out of the timing.
Good luck!! I hope we are celebrating your BFP very soon!
Thanks ladies, I appreciate the input! I did like this doctor, she just had such a different personality than my regular, I think I was caught off guard with it. I have talked to my regular doctor about the trigger shot and she said because I am O-ing on my own and fairly predictably, I don't need the trigger shot - and today's do for said the same thing, so no trigger shot for me right now.
I didn't realize that was the size of the follies they look for. I asked the doc if the follies were the right size and she said yes. When she brought up the IUI tomorrow, I did ask about the follies getting bigger and if it was okay for me to wait for a surge on my own, and she said yes. But should I be worried about them getting bigger? Is there a size when they become "too big" and I am waiting to O on my own? Did that make any sense, haha, I hope so! I am going to call my regular doctor, she should be back in the office tomorrow afternoon, and talk about it all with her too. Not that I don't appreciate your ladies opinions (I totally do!), but I am comfortable with my regular do for and just want to go over it with her too.
And yay for my lining! I knew I needed a "good" number but had no idea what the three lines meant, so I'm glad it is all good stuff! We have also been BD every other day (the do for today yay-ed this!) and will continue past our IUI like the last one. So hopefully one of these times is "the time" for this cycle!
Thanks for the support ladies, I appreciate it so much!!!
Last edited by mrs.ceebee.0915; September 3rd, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Yes your follicles can get too big... I really think that was my issue. My follicles would be 22-26mm when I would get in because I O earlier sometimes and i really think those were too large by the time I triggered. I think you should be ok but keep it in mind if there is a next time!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby! My blog
Yeah, I'm getting worries they are too big. :-/ I am going to call my doctors office tomorrow and hopefully my regular doctor will call me as soon as she gets in and I can talk to her about it. I really don't want to waste this cycle.
So I talked to my doctor and we are waiting to see if I get a positive opk tomorrow. Either way, they are going to do my IUI Friday, surge or no surge, so that we don't miss my O. So that is the plan for now. I'm okay with it and the hubs and I are BDing every other day still too and will do to us after the IUI as well in hopes that one of these tries will meet my eggie!