TWW- What's next...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kellyowens

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
CarolinaLife's Avatar Super Mommy
So, in between symptom spotting and trying to not POAS every day because BFNs this cycle are just so much harder to take for some reason... I am trying to figure out what/ when we move on to the next step.
I got a bfn at 10 DPO according to ff, but maybe it was just 9 DPO, so I know there is still a chance, but is am not hopeful at this point.

This is our 4th cycle on clomid. Before clomid I was not ovulating, and now I am. I had an HCG done, and everything looks great as far as my uterus goes. Our schedules have not been ideal, so we haven't had the best timing on these cycles, but we have had slim chances most months. I'm going to call tomorrow to make sure DHs SA results are in. So, I know our next step also depends on what we find from that. I guess my biggest question is when did you know it was time to move on to IUI or IVF? I still haven't done the trigger shot and timed intercourse plan, but since I am definitely releasing the egg without it, if that would even help.

Any advice from you ladies would be much appreciated as I am trying to line up all our next courses of action. Thanks!

October 21st, 2013, 06:33 PM
kellyowens's Avatar forever learning
I have super limited experience since this was my first med cycle but we did femara, ovidrel, and ti...got pg but it was a cp (I'm 37 and have dor which has caused rpl). From my understanding the ovidrel is supposed to give the follicle a boost and allows for optimal O.

How has your lining and cm been with clomid?
October 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
How has your lining and cm been with clomid?
Great question!

I realize IUIs are unromantic and expensive, but since timing is such an issue, it might be worth it to make sure the swimmers are where they need to be when they need to be there.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

October 22nd, 2013, 06:43 AM
CM has been fairly limited before/during O. So, I have used preseed to counteract that. I need to get the dr to check my lining again.

Obviously, I'd prefer not to do an iui, but at the same time I am willing to do whatever it takes to get a baby in my arms ASAP! Of course, I'm also worried that DHs schedule won't allow for an IUI. How long in advance do you set up the appt? He seems to be in the field every other week these days, and the place we would need to do it is over an hour away. If we knew long enough in advance where he might could take leave for a few days.... I don't know.

We may just have to be patient and wait for his schedule to open up before moving forward.... but that could be a while.

Other than lining questions, what other questions should I bring up to my dr at our next appointment?

October 22nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
I'd ask about trying a different med. Too many cycles on clomid is not good for you.

October 22nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
I'd ask about trying a different med. Too many cycles on clomid is not good for you.
What other meds are out there with the same "job" as clomid, and what are the side effects that go with them if you have taken them?

October 22nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
kellyowens's Avatar forever learning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
^^^Ita .

Femara has the same action without affecting lining or cm. I took 5mg on cd3-7 and had very mild headaches and hot flashes but that's pretty normal for me without meds. I was instructed to take it between 6-9pm so I could sleep through any potential side effects.
CarolinaLife likes this.

Last edited by kellyowens; October 22nd, 2013 at 10:12 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search