Crinone 8%

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
rawritsmnm's Avatar Regular
Hi everyone!
So end of last year I found out that I was pregnant and in Feb I had a miscarriage. Since then, me and my husband has been trying with no luck (It breaks my heart that women who don't even want kids and neglects their kids can pop babies out like it's nothing and women who actually wants kids have so much have so much trouble) and it's gotten to the point where if I am late, I don't even waste my time taking a test cause I know what the outcome will be!
So today I went to the doctor and she wants to put me on a medicine called Crinone 8%...I've tried looking up reviews on it but ALL i've found it how yucky the discharge is...lol in my head i'm like "I WANT TO READ SOME SUCCESS STORIES!!!" lol I can deal with the yuckiness! Me and my husband just want a precious baby to love on and care for!
any success stories here? I already know it's gonna be yucky

Last edited by rawritsmnm; October 22nd, 2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: left out info
October 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
The doctor also gave me a therapy schedule
"Clomiphene citrate 50 mg or 100 mg on days 3-7 after your period starts
Estradiol 3 mg orally twice a day from day 8 to the morning of day 12
Crinone daily starting on day 17. If pregnany occurs, continue for additional 10 weeks"
I told her that was a lot of work haha
October 22nd, 2013, 07:19 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's pretty basic, a pill, another pill and then the crinone gel. It's just progesterone, the discharge isn't that bad. The shots can be much worse when it comes to amount of work.

Clomid is only a few days, estrogen is the same

Why is she prescribing estrogen? What did your bloodwork say?

I've been at this 6 years and it doesn't get easier watching people have kids that shouldn't have them.

Crinone isn't a big deal, better than compounded progesterone IMO

Its definitely not much work when you are used to it, it gets more intense the more intervention you need!

October 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Why is she even prescribing all of this? You haven't been trying very long yet to even know if you need meda

October 22nd, 2013, 07:31 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Those meds are pretty easy and low key. Hopefully you will have some luck. I've done 6 cycles of clomid, 1 of femara, 3 ds Iui cycles, and numerous natural cycles in the last 6 years of ttc and we are moving on to ivf next so I can't tell you those meds worked for me.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

October 23rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Crinone is very expensive. Insurance usually doesn't pay for it until a BFP. The vaginal pills are much more reasonable in cost when paying out of pocket. You may want to check with your insurance before you go with the Crinon.

I used Crinon with my IVF cycle. I used it twice a day plus progesterone in Oil. It is super easy to use. After 4/5 days of it there was a little weird discharge - sorry TMI but here it goes. It was almost like old wadded up toilet paper the size of a quarter or so that came out. It did have a little red tint to it as well. It was shorta nasty but wasn't bad. The pill suppositories are more gooey and leaky and you may need a panty liner and it leaks out daily. The Cronin is a gell and sticks to the sides of your girl parts for the best absorption.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
October 23rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
they didn't do any blood work
but thanks for th info!
October 23rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Weird no blood work. Is this your OB or primary care? You better ask for the progesterone suppositories then. Cronin will be hundreds of dollars. I think mine was $500.00 until I received my BFP then it was $10.00
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
October 23rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
They should never be prescribing estrogen without prior bloodwork
kayakr likes this.

October 23rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Well i'm just trusting that they know what they are doing since they are the doctors and I have been trying for a little over a year with 1 failed pregnancy, and they said a year with no luck is when they start medications. but I called my insurance and sure enough they didn't cover it, so I had to call my doctor back and they told me they was going to call in a generic brand and my sister in law told me it will prob be Prochieve that they call in...does anyone know anything about this medicine?

Last edited by rawritsmnm; October 23rd, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
October 23rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
You are trusting them to give you hormonal meds without testing your hormones?

Prochieve is just another brand name version of the same thing.

Honestly, I would at least be asking for monitoring

October 23rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I would not take meds without bloodwork. Has your partner had an SA? How old are you? How long has it been since you were on birth control? Have you done any charting?

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

October 23rd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *JenJen* View Post
I would not take meds without bloodwork. Has your partner had an SA? How old are you? How long has it been since you were on birth control? Have you done any charting?
I'll call back tomorrow and ask. But my doctor wants to see if the meds work before my husband has a SA. I'm 23 and he is 24. I've never been on birth control, and I don't do any charting
October 23rd, 2013, 05:05 PM
How will they have any idea if you are ovulating if they aren't monitoring you?

October 23rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
How will they have any idea if you are ovulating if they aren't monitoring you?
cause they wanted me to buy a Ovulation kit so I could check
BUT I am calling the office as soon as they open in the morning to check about a blood test
October 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
I would encourage you to read the board, search about day 3 tests and monitoring cycles. To be frank, it's not normal to prescribe estrogen with no tests and a little scary

Ovulation kits are off all the time and have tons of user error

And plenty of people get an lh surge on clomid but never release an egg

What if you start progesterone and you are a late ovulator?

October 24th, 2013, 05:59 AM
I am sorry - we are not trying to attack you or make you doubt your dr but we've been through a lot and this Dr. is jumping steps and going right to meds that could hurt you. I am guessing you are going to an OB and an OB doesn't specialize in getting you pregnant. Most of us have all been on those meds but it wasn't without monitoring or at very minimual CD3 bloodwork to see what our FSH and AMH hormones level are. SA is usually one of the first thing Dr do!

With you age it's totally possible that your CD3 bloodwork is fine but your DH SA is bad. Or your tubes are completely blocked and your not ovulating at all.
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
October 24th, 2013, 04:07 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Sorry hun, but it really does sound like you should find a new doctor...
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
October 24th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I'm going to a OBGYN, the same one my sister in law does. And I called this morning and they said with certain dosages they don't need blood work so I looked at the bottle and it was only 1 mg so its not like its a extremely high dosage.
Not trying to be rude but I posted this for successful stories, not a lecture on mine and my husbands visit to the OBGYN and whatnot. I was so excited about my visit and felt like 2014 was gonna be our year for a baby, but now it just seems like mission impossible. Sorry for the vent. But if its that important I will request a blood test.
October 24th, 2013, 08:49 PM
You've asked on a board full of women who all are currently attempting to conceive, some of us going on 5-6 years now, if not longer. We are using medical interventions to try to have a baby. There are some that are here, trying for their second or third children, and will still require IVF, Embryo or Egg Donation, Sperm Donation and so on.

You're asking for success stories from women who would kill for success, and if it was simply crinone that could give it, we'd be buying it in buckets.

OB's typically are not very well versed in fertility issues at all and almost every woman here has found that out the hard way. They stayed with an OB who did the same thing you are describing, giving hormonal medications without doing any investigation at all. It's like giving insulin without testing blood sugar levels. It just doesn't make any sense.

Sure, you can come ask for success. But you're asking a group that would love to give you those stories, but possibly can't. I remember when 2009 was our year. And 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013 was certainly supposed to be our year, and then she died in labor. Now Aug 2014 is the closest we can come to hoping that it's finally our time. We all get mission impossible.

You want to get pregnant and you are getting information from a group of very versed and researched women. If you don't want that advice, that's ok, but know that you're going to get the same answer each time you post about what to do next. We're going to say Day 3 bloodwork, HSG, at least some kind of exam of some kind before you start taking meds.

Just think before you post. We're NOT attacking you. We're giving you the very info that helps get you pregnant faster. We're telling you what you need to know to find the right doctor. But you don't have to take it. Ask yourself why any group of women would just randomly attack you! Nobody is lecturing you, you asked for advice and so you got it. People are trying to help you.
plan4fate, *JenJen* and ChiChica like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search