Clomid + hcg trigger + timed intercourse

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Hi all, I'm new to the site and need some help, I think I'm going crazy :/
We have been ttc our 2nd child for 14 months now, this is my second round of clomid and timed intercourse, first round with hcg trigger. We have unexplained infertility (our first was a whoops, and apparently a miracle!)
My question is:
I went in for an ultrasound check cd14, I had 1 dominant follicle about 18mm and 2 other follies at about 12-14 mm. She gave me Ovidrel and told me to give it to myself on cd 17, which I did. I got lots of cramps 6&7 dpo and started bleeding bright red on 8dpo for 2 1/2 days. I'm so confused, I took a hpt this morning 11dpo (bfn) in hopes that it was implantation bleeding, but it seems that it was AF come way early! I've always had a 12-13 day luteal phase and am confused as to how this could happen. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry it's long-winded, I'm just terribly confused!!
Thank you in advance for any insight you may have for me!
February 28th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you on progesterone suppositories? (Those can cause irritation and bleeding sometimes.) I don't know how common it is to have a shorter LP with Clomid and trigger, as I was told that it would help to lengthen my LP? Hopefully somebody else has some insight for you! What did your doctor say about it?

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
February 28th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Thank you muffin,
No progesterone supps at all! I was expecting to wait longer because I read about the longer luteal phase to! So confusing!! I am going in to the dr today for my next rounds clomid check, so I'm hoping to get some answers.

Tags
clomid , hcg trigger shot , implantation bleeding? , unexplained infertility

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search