LPD (Luteal Phase Defect)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Regular
Hi everyone...

Just curious if there is anyone out there TTC that has a Luteal Phase Defect (LPD) and what your protocol is......

After talking with my RE this week I found out that I may have a Luteal Phase Defect and would love to hear about any experiences you may have with this and if there are any success stories....

Currently, my TX is IUI with Bravelle and an HCG injection the day before my IUI (2 IUIs back to back) + progesterone till Beta testing day. 1st IUI was a bust, I am now on my 2ww and have totally different symptons allthought am being hopefull!

My RE suggested to put me on Estadroil (sp.)* next cycle if i am not pg. Next cycle will be a natural cycle to check all my levels etc again! This should lengthen my cycle. I am really not sure whats going on, my RE also said she has seen women get pg with these type of cycles and hold a pregnancy. My RE says i Ovulate too early during the cycle, does that mean anything?

Pleaes any new insight and success stories would be great. I also would like to hear about anything that can help........
October 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe

I haven't got any expirence with LPD but I am sure that someone here can help you out. I want to wish you the best in getting all of this straightened out though.

October 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
Prior to first pg my LP was only 9-11 days long. I had a day 21 (or 23...I forget) progesterone done and found that although I had enough LH to get a OPK+, my ovulation was not high enough quality to produce adequate progesterone. I was put on Clomid and conceived the 3rd cycle on Clomid. The funny thing is that the cycle I concieved my progesterone was very low and they were planning to increase my dose the following cycle. Instead I was on progesterone for the 1st trimester. So I'm not sure if the Clomid actually helped me conceive or not. I was able to get pg twice after DD without medical assistance, but suffered m/c's both times with no cycles before or in between to know what the luteal phase was doing. Since my D&C my LP has been back to 9-11 days. Next cyc my doc is giving me Clomid again. I have never had any of my other hormone levels tested and have never gone to an RE, but I would think an RE would be more qualified to actually fix the problem. Clomid is an easy solution so I guess that's why my OB started there before doing more tests and more complicated treatments.

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search