Clomid!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to Marisela
I'm going to the Doc tomorrow b/c he wants to start me on Clomid.....After doing some research on Clomid I'm terrified to take it! It sounds like there's horrible side effects! Have any of you ladies ever conceived using Clomid? I would greatly appreciate any input anyone has....I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing... Are there any do's and don'ts while on this medication? Thanks for reading this girls and let me know....
October 17th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Super Mommy
I thought the same thing after I got perscribed clomid last month for the frist time..
but I was fine, other than getting some hot flashes I really didnt notice i was taking it at all..
I took it around 8pm at night that way I can just sleep it off..

I start my second round of 100mg Clomid this Friday.. good luck to you!!!

October 17th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
hello! i for one know, reading stuff on the internet can make you terrified but i have never heard anything bad about clomid..once in awhile a woman gets a small cyst on their ovary from taking it but that usually passes with her next period. ALOT of women on here have concieved with clomid and i mean ALOT. I got pregnant the month after taking it back in april so officially i wasnt ON it but i do believe it had jump started me. Unfortunately i lost the baby. I just took 100mg of it though, days 5-9 this cycle and im currently waiting to O..only side effects i had were hotflashes, occassional headache and if i take it too close to bedtime, i had some insomnia...some women prefer taking it at bedtime though so they sleep through any hotflashes etc. Good luck and dont be scared...it will be worth it in the end when you have your baby!!
October 17th, 2006, 07:59 PM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
The internet can help and cause panic too. I usually take mine at night. I've gotten the hot flashes, but not too bad. I also got headaches, but I've also been sick this past 2 months when I've taken it. I did conceive on 50mg, but lost the baby. Right now I'm waiting to O. I took 150mg. Good luck to you!!

October 17th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
we are so similar barb. i hope clomid works for both of us this cycle. actually i hope whatever everyone is doing works for them..we need some bfp's!
October 17th, 2006, 09:50 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
First of all I want to say that you are not alone by reading information on the internet and being scared. I was the same way when I first started getting into going to the doctor for ttc. Now its just routine for me.
I was on Clomid for 3 cycles. On my 3rd cycle I was on 150mg. and conceived. I wasn't ovulating before I started taking Clomid but I did on 150mg and it was success for us. Unfortunately, our pregnancy ended in m/c because of my doctors negligence. We are currently taking a break from medical assistance until after the first of the year.
I did have some side effects but to be honest they are worth it in the end. Just keeping thinking about that beautiful baby that you will hold in your arms one day. Good Luck and remember that we are here for anything you may need.
Also, here is a link to further information on Clomid. I found this link very helpful when I first started taking it. I hope that all of this has helped you.
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=169487

October 18th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Regular
Thank all of you ladies soooooooo much, you have no idea how much I appreciate the time you took to respond to my questions!!!!! I started AF yesterday which would be cycle day 1 and he wants me to start taking the pills Friday which would be cycle day 4, does it matter what day I start b/c I've seen that some women start on day 3..... Good luck to all of you!
October 18th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
Hello I know taking clomid can be so confusing ! I concieved on my first round of clomid unfortunalty I m/c. After I m/c I took 50mg for 3 cycles days 5-9 I had hardly any side effects just some hot flashes. Then I had to take a break for a couple of months. Unfortunalty after taking clomid for a long period of time it can cause your lining to thin out so that the baby can not implant. My dr. had me take estrogen during my break to help re-build my lining. Then I did 100mg and estrogen for 1 cycle and 150mg and estrogen for 1 cycle. I had hot flashes, headaches and mood swings. I'm not on a break and I have to go see an RE. It sorta sucked while being on it but I would do it all again to get my bfp!!! Good luck and I hope it works for you.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
October 18th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Regular
Yea it sounds confusing....... Was there a reason why you miscarried? I'm sorry I'm not trying to be all up in your business but I've noticed that alot of women had miscarried using clomid and was just wondering if it was from taking the Clomid and it kinda worries me.... And would you have any idea as to why my Doc would have me start taking the Clomid on day 4 of my cycle? I should've asked him but I didn't even think about it until I got on here and saw that all the girls were taking it on day 5.....
October 18th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Miles
Quote:
I'm going to the Doc tomorrow b/c he wants to start me on Clomid.....After doing some research on Clomid I'm terrified to take it! It sounds like there's horrible side effects! Have any of you ladies ever conceived using Clomid? I would greatly appreciate any input anyone has....I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing... Are there any do's and don'ts while on this medication? Thanks for reading this girls and let me know....[/b]

I am the same way hun I start my first round tomorrow and I am really scard of all of the side effects that are out there. But someone told me to take the pill at night it would help with the side effects.
October 18th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
Quote:
Yea it sounds confusing....... Was there a reason why you miscarried? I'm sorry I'm not trying to be all up in your business but I've noticed that alot of women had miscarried using clomid and was just wondering if it was from taking the Clomid and it kinda worries me.... And would you have any idea as to why my Doc would have me start taking the Clomid on day 4 of my cycle? I should've asked him but I didn't even think about it until I got on here and saw that all the girls were taking it on day 5.....[/b]

They don't know why i m/c I don't O on my own all the time which is why I had to take it. I know my progesterone level was low and that played a part. Your progesterone helps your baby implant, among many other things. They never really knew why I m/c it just wasn't my baby that time I guess. I don't know why but alot of dr's chose different days I guess it has to do with how long your cycle is. I dunno I have a 30 day cycle. Maybe it's just the day the dr. choses. Good luck!!
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search