CD 12 - FET transfer has been cancelled

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
This cycle has turned out to be a complete disaster.

First off, my doctor confirmed this morning that the fluid she saw on my u/s on Tuesday is still there and in fact worse then it was. Evidently my tubes (which are completely blocked anyway) are filled with fluid and it's now draining into my uterus. This would make the probability of a transfered embryo sticking very unlikely so we cancelled this cycle.

Then, she told me the best option for me right now is surgery to have the tubes either removed (preferable but may not be possible given all the scar tissue I have from the endo and previous surgeries) or sever the tubes so they can't drain into my uterus.

So it was bad news x 2 for me but somehow I'm feeling pretty good and optimistic about things right now, go figure. My doctor was excellent with me this morning and was taking time out between all the other scheduled scans she had to attend to me and try to get me prepped for the surgery. Normally that would be another appointment, but she fit me in. She's also trying to get an OR time ASAP so I don't have to sit and stew on this too long. She figures I'll be in for this surgery within the next 4 weeks. I think it's because of how great she was with me this morning that I'm feeling pretty okay about things. It's a set back, but the result should be better chances for me on my next IVF round.

Sorry for the long post, but optimistic or not, I'm pretty freaked out by all of this right now and feeling a bit overwhelmed. It helps to share it with all of you.

October 19th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't even imagine hun! How are you feeling? Did you have any clue so much was going inside you? I hope this solves the health issues and you're given the all clear to begin the IVF process again. I'm so sorry it's been such a bumpy ride.

October 19th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you have to go through this. I am very optomistic for you too. I am sure you will be underway with your next IVF cycle soon. It does make a difference when your doctor has excellent bed side manners and makes you feel important, that they care for you.

October 19th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Im so sorry. try to stay as positive as you can throughout all of this..ill be praying for you!!
October 19th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to Crystalynn Send a message via AIM to Crystalynn Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalynn
aww I'm sorry

That is a bummer, but I am so glad that doc is doing everything she can to make sure this is going to be successful for you!! I hope that everything goes very well with the surgery and you can get that gunk cleared out so baby can settle in nicely.

October 19th, 2006, 09:13 AM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
I can't imagine what you are going through. It's a good thing you have a good doctor. I'll be praying for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search