hsg question

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if anyone has had one can you tell me what its like, i have on on the 25th and am very worried about the pain thanks for any answers
October 24th, 2006, 10:00 AM
[font=Verdana]HI THERE...I had a HSG done in 2004, a small cathedar is inserted and some liquid is passed throgh your tubes to make sure there is no blockage. As far as pain, I had some peroid like cramps during and after, nothing to earth shattering though I would say it hurt a little more than your worse cramping days....Some people don't have any pain/cramping. I think the most important thing is to TRY to remain calm and relaxed. (I know easier said than done)

Good Luck
October 24th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Butterfly71076's Avatar Member
i had this done in 2004 and in June. The pain for me was no more than regular period cramps afterward. are you having it done using saline? i've had both, saline and dye. The dye test gave me pretty bad cramps for about 30 minutes, the saline test, gave me not so bad cramps only right after. But, the DR told to take 400-600 mg of Advil 30 minutes before the test to help with the cramping. Just try to relax. Good Luck!!
5 clomid cycles, all failed
1st IUI- 10/1, BFP-10/16, m/c-10/20
October 24th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was told it would be dye, so i dunno i just wish it was over
October 25th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had one just yesterday and it wasn't that bad the cramping only lasted about 1 minute for me but I am a little crampy today.....

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search