Late O with Clomid??

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2006, 02:48 AM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
Hi,
This has been really frustrating cycle for me. I started OPK's on day 8 because my last cycle was 26 days. My cycles are normally 30 days. I was on 100mg of Clomid on my last cycle. I thought I O'd on day 17, but got af on day 26. My progesterone level was 6.8. So my doctor upped it to 150mg. Right now I'm on day 22 with no positive OPK's. I have tried to chart, but dd has not been feeling well. My question is can you O late with Clomid? I know a woman usually O's 8 to 10 days after the last pill. Maybe OPK's don't work for me considering the last cycle was so short from the Positive to af. My doctor is the one who told me to use them. Thanks for your help.

October 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Miles
Do you check your cm and cp at all? I know the temping isnt working for you due to your child being sick, but I would deff do the cm and cp if you can. I am not really sure hun, I am having issues with the opks myself. I am in the same boat as you. The dollar store I got a dark test line on CD9, and after that I havent been getting a line at all. The Answer I got a almost postive on CD11 and its getting lighter after that, I havent gotten a postive yet. I dont know what to tell you hun, I am sorry.
October 30th, 2006, 07:32 AM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes you can miss your surge on the OPK, especially if it only lasts for a few hours. I am guessing maybe this is what happened. I would agree with Miles, if you are not able to temp then check cm and cp. After I O my cm gets dried up and I have hardly any for a couple days after O and my CP gets firm and closed.

It is definately possible to O late on Clomid. I've seen it happen to other ladies here. One cycle I was on it I didn't O until day 19 which isn't extremly late, but a little on the later end.

Has your doctor done any ultrasounds? I have to go for two or three around O time, every other day to see if I have any eggs and if they are maturing. My doctor found on the first cycle I was on Clomid that my ovaries were responding and I had a couple eggs, but they were getting over mature and not releasing, so then they decided to combine the 50 mg of Clomid with the Hcg trigger shot this cycle to help the egg release.

November 7th, 2006, 04:02 AM
SUNSHINE08's Avatar Veteran
Hi. Last month, I o'd on cd24, which I thought was pretty late too. Hang in there.
November 7th, 2006, 08:41 AM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
I'm pretty sure I O'd on day 22. The nurses didn't want to hear that I O'd late and had me come in for a progesterone test on day 23. It was 1.8. Which didn't surprise me. They didn't want to do another progesterone test, because I am seeing the doctor on November 20. Now I'm just waiting to either test or for af to come.

November 7th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Miles
I am sorry hun.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search