I'm nervous

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2006, 07:00 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I'm getting nervous for my RE appt tomorrow. My DH got the day off of work and is going with me so that makes me feel better but still. I shouldn't be nervous with as many dr's as I've gone to but I think its the unknown of this dr. and what all of this is going to entail. I do have to say that this month without clomid has been so nice. It's like I"m a whole different person, i'm nicer less moody, I have energy to do stuff and my sex drive is back, I don't have hot flashes or headaches. It's been nice to have this month off from ttc It was a good break. Back to the buisness part now. Even though I'm nervous I can't wait to see what he has to say, I sooo hope it's good news. I haven't really had any good news from a dr. since my m/c. Well wish me luck.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
November 2nd, 2006, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a wonderful experience at my RE. I too was so nervous. Through my OB I had done 5 rounds of clomid at 150mg and didn't ovulate once. I was pretty sure that was it for me. I thought there was no hope at all. My RE changed my outlook. He was so positive that he could help me. (We have a 6 yr old ds that I got pg with the first month!) I had a bunch of tests and he gave me a bunch of different options. I chose to try Femara for awhile. I figured it wouldn't work, I had taken clomid with no luck so I wasn't very hopeful. Well, the very first month I had to have a scan on CD14 to see if it had worked. Sure enough it showed that I had already released a good egg that month. I missed it but atleast I had one!!! The next month I had a CD21 progesterone and sure enough good numbers and I had the first postiive OPK I had ever had. This month I didn't take any meds because I wasn't going to be with dh that week anyway. Well on CD 20 I had EWCM and so the next day out of curiousity I took an OPK and sure enough it was positive. So needless to say I'm a huge fan of Femara. I had terrible side effects from clomid, headaches, mood swings, tired and I also had stomach issues with it. Femara I've had NO side effects!!!!! Feel free to pm me on your RE journey, I understand. Good luck.
November 2nd, 2006, 07:29 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
I had a wonderful experience at my RE. I too was so nervous. Through my OB I had done 5 rounds of clomid at 150mg and didn't ovulate once. I was pretty sure that was it for me. I thought there was no hope at all. My RE changed my outlook. He was so positive that he could help me. (We have a 6 yr old ds that I got pg with the first month!) I had a bunch of tests and he gave me a bunch of different options. I chose to try Femara for awhile. I figured it wouldn't work, I had taken clomid with no luck so I wasn't very hopeful. Well, the very first month I had to have a scan on CD14 to see if it had worked. Sure enough it showed that I had already released a good egg that month. I missed it but atleast I had one!!! The next month I had a CD21 progesterone and sure enough good numbers and I had the first postiive OPK I had ever had. This month I didn't take any meds because I wasn't going to be with dh that week anyway. Well on CD 20 I had EWCM and so the next day out of curiousity I took an OPK and sure enough it was positive. So needless to say I'm a huge fan of Femara. I had terrible side effects from clomid, headaches, mood swings, tired and I also had stomach issues with it. Femara I've had NO side effects!!!!! Feel free to pm me on your RE journey, I understand. Good luck.[/b]

Thank you so much, that just made me alot less nervous. I will def. pm you I will prob. have a million ?'s
IUI #3 BFN
November 2nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear it. I'll look forward to hearing from you.
November 2nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Regular
Quote:
I'm getting nervous for my RE appt tomorrow. My DH got the day off of work and is going with me so that makes me feel better but still. I shouldn't be nervous with as many dr's as I've gone to but I think its the unknown of this dr. and what all of this is going to entail. I do have to say that this month without clomid has been so nice. It's like I"m a whole different person, i'm nicer less moody, I have energy to do stuff and my sex drive is back, I don't have hot flashes or headaches. It's been nice to have this month off from ttc It was a good break. Back to the buisness part now. Even though I'm nervous I can't wait to see what he has to say, I sooo hope it's good news. I haven't really had any good news from a dr. since my m/c. Well wish me luck.[/b]

I understand your anxiety , I have seen a RE 2 days ago ,first appointment usually includes history taking and ordering a battery of tests . Why were you put on clomid ? had your gyn done any work up? did you have any problem ovulating? . Hope the best for you and goodluck for tomorrow ! let us know what your Dr says. I am scheduled for HSG,songram and bloodtest next week
November 2nd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Super Mommy
I was on clomid becuase I wasn't ovulating. I had u/s done I had a million blood tests and I had a laparoscopy done. My OBGYN removed endimetriosis, adhesions and cysts.
IUI #3 BFN
November 2nd, 2006, 01:15 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
I was soooo nervous when I started going to the dr's for my stuff. I also felt like a totally different person when I stopped taking the Clomid. Everyone told me that I was finally back to normal from all of the mood swings, crying, and such. Good luck at the dr. appointment. Let us know how it goes tomorrow!

November 4th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Regular
Quote:
I was on clomid becuase I wasn't ovulating. I had u/s done I had a million blood tests and I had a laparoscopy done. My OBGYN removed endimetriosis, adhesions and cysts.[/b]
Ksauter,how did how visit with RE go ?
November 4th, 2006, 04:55 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just checking in too. How did the appointment go?

November 4th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How was the appointment?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search