Old member with a success story

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies,

I wanted to post here to offer my support. I understand what many of you are going through, and want you to know that there are happy endings after all the difficult times. My name is Ashley and I'm 27, DH is Tim, 33. I used to post here on the TTC boards, but after a year of trying we were diagnosed with very low sperm count and sent to an RE. It was good to finally have a diagnosis, but DH's count was extremely low (less than 500,000 sperm per sample!). After undergoing an HSG, repeated blood tests and ultrasounds, 3 IUI's (two with donor sperm), and a laparoscopy we finally did our first IVF in September.

I was prepared for disappointment, but we had SUCCESS! My HCG levels rose really well and then at 6w2d we had our first ultrasound and found that BOTH embyros implanted and we're having twins! I'm thrilled and scared, but so ready to have this work. After two years of trying the doctor's appointments and stresses have completely paid off.

If anyone has questions don't hesistate to ask. Good luck to everyone with their TTC journeys. All the twists and turns are amazing, but (as my DH keeps telling me) the road does lead to a child.

Ashley
November 4th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
oh what wonderful news! twins! congrats sweety!!!! you have given me lots of hope!!
November 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome! COngrats! That gives me so much hope as DH has the same problem. He was also diagnosed with an extremely low count. We are going for our first IVF procedure in December. I have an HSG coming up in just a few days.

November 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Gwen
Wow, congratulations!
November 4th, 2006, 06:50 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Thats great!! Congratulations and I hope that you have a happy and healthy 9 months. I am always glad to hear success stories on here. Please keep us posted on how things are going with you! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

November 5th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THanks for the encouragement! I just had my egg retrieval this morning and our transfer will hopefully be this Friday. It's so nice to hear about when this stuff works!

August 2012 December 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search