A question about LH....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to Marisela
When you are prego do your LH levels rise also? I'm asking b/c I'm addicted to POAS, and I have like 20 prego and OPK's so I decided to pee on both lol.... The prego came back negative even though I knew it would since I'm only 5dpo, but the weird thing is, is that I O'd on the 30th of October and when I took an OPK on the 31st it was a BFN....When I pee'd 2 day the line was light pink, you could see it pretty good you didn't have to squint your eyes or anything like that...So I was just curious as to why that might be so I had my prego sister pee on an OPK (I'm crazy) and hers came back positive but she's like almost 5 months prego.......Maybe I'm ovulating twice? But doesn't the second eggie usually drop within a day or so of the 1st eggie? Is it my hormones or something I dunno maybe one of you ladies can help me out......
November 4th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Miles
If you O twice its within an 24 hour peroid, and as for the opks, they say you get a second surge around 7-10DPO. Since your 5DPO its catching some of the second surge.
November 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should always see two lines on the OPK because there is always LH in your system. What makes it positive is when your LH surges around O because your body is trying to release the egg. It is only positive when the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line.

HCG which is the pregnancy hormone also mimics LH, so when you are a ways a long in pregnancy, an OPK would show positive all the time because of your elevated HCG levels.

Peeonastick.com has some info on using OPK's as HPT's. An Hpt will detect pregnancy much quicker.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search