L-Carnatine for DB...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I read that it is great for increasing sperm count and motility so though
'ahh well nothing ventured nothing gained' and bought a mths supply for him.
It cost me 11 and i brought them home all excited with his zinc pills
and he refuses to take them!!!!!
He said he is not 'pumping his body full of drugs' Erm excuse me?! Iv been on the clomid for mths
and the tabs i got him are from a herbalist store so they are COMPLETELY naturel!!!

I have asked him for 2 days to look them up on the net and he point blank refuses!!!

I am soooo annoyed right now. I am going through hormonal hell on the clomid and he
wont pop a few vitamins???!!!

What can i do to convince him? He is being a pig.
If we end up having to have IVF it is ME that has to endure all sorts and he wont try anything.
I feel like im fighting a battle for a baby he dosen't even want!

Sorry for rant. Just feel so frustrated right now.

Sarah
November 5th, 2006, 05:05 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh sarah..its aonther upsetting thing isnt it...??
gosh i really dont understand why men do this to us...im sorry u have to go through this..but i guess he himself has to come around...its really diff to convince these guys u see...all i used to do last was i just give dh the pills in his hand with a glass of water and if he questions i used to remind him with my serious face how many tablets and injections im taking every day in the cycle...then he just pops them into his mouth quitely without those "whats this tablet for" and "why im taking all this" questions
i really hope u get ur bfp soon so u dont have to go through all this anymore...
loads of patience dust

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

November 5th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Miles
Awww hun I am sorry. My dr told my Dh to take a mens one a day and he refused for a few mos. Finally on his own he started to take them. All I can say is try to talk to him, about how your doing all of this and he needs to help you.
November 5th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww.... Sarah! I don't know how you can convince him to take the vitamins.... men can be really stubborn about stuff like that. Some men need more pressure to take stuff, others just need to be left alone and they'll come to terms with it on their own. I don't know which type of guy your DH is, but I hope you guys figure it out! It can be sooo frustrating to have to do all this work and then have him not do even the smallest thing. Have you asked him WHY he refuses to take these things? Is he worried about side effects? Think it's unnecessary? If that's the case, do some research and show him articles showing that it's shown to help sperm and that it does not have bad side effects. Maybe the more information he has, the more comfortable he'll be taking them? I know that's what would work with my DH.

August 2012 December 2012
November 6th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Sarah, I'm sorry you're having a hard time with your DH and the vitamins. I am convinced that no matter how wonderful our DHs are, they do not... and maybe cannot understand what it is us women go through with medically assisted TTC'ing.

I know if it were my DH that were being asked to take the vitamin, he would probably refuse as well. I would gently remind him that it's his contribution to the whole thing and remind him of how much I'm going through and I think he'd eventually come around on his own time.

November 13th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chriskurg
Hi Sarah,

L-Carnitine is also supposed to help with weight loss. If he has a few pounds to shed, maybe try that angle
November 14th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
im so sorry sweety. Dh is the same way..he wont even take a men's one a day for me..says they mess with his stomach

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search