Breaking clomid in half

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Miles
I got a question, a friend of mine irl is on clomid. She is so paranoid about taking new meds so she is breaking it in half, taking half at night other half in the morning. Do you think it will still work if she does this? She is on her 3rd pill and been doing it since the first one.
November 6th, 2006, 02:57 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea, but she should inform her doctor about this. For some reason I tend to think this will effect it's results but I am not a doctor. She needs to follow the doctor's instructions.
November 6th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Miles
I thought it would as well, and I tried to get her to talk to the dr but she said it would fine. Thanks anyway hun.
November 6th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would def tell her to call the dr b/c if she doesn't use it right, then it is liable not to work.

November 6th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Miles
Astrid if you only knew her. Danielle knows who I am talking about, she is freaken crazy. She is doing an at home IUI every month to get pg. When I told her to say something to the dr about it all I got was "It will be ok I am still taking the same dosage."
So she doesnt listen to me at all.
November 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
how is she doing the at home IUI? just curious...
November 6th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Miles
LMFAO I knew someone was going to ask! Her Dh got fixed after they had their 3rd kid. Who is now 13. Well he got unfixed last year when the decided they wanted to try for another one. Well being he was fixed for so long the dr said he has to have his sperm "washed" first and since the sperm count is lower after you get it undone to get an IUI done. She didnt wanna pay money to get it done, so someone she knew told her to get an catather(sp?) insert it into her cervix around O time, and take a surange. Then to put the surange in the other end of the tube and squeeze letting the sperm out.
Sorry for the mis spells!
November 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
LMFAO I knew someone was going to ask! Her Dh got fixed after they had their 3rd kid. Who is now 13. Well he got unfixed last year when the decided they wanted to try for another one. Well being he was fixed for so long the dr said he has to have his sperm "washed" first and since the sperm count is lower after you get it undone to get an IUI done. She didnt wanna pay money to get it done, so someone she knew told her to get an catather(sp?) insert it into her cervix around O time, and take a surange. Then to put the surange in the other end of the tube and squeeze letting the sperm out.
Sorry for the mis spells![/b]

I was going to ask too. That is pretty wild. Does she have it washed first? Otherwise why not just have sex? I don't think it would do any good unless the sperm is selected and washed by a lab.

About the CLomid, did she get it from a dr or just order that too? I think all of us agree that it is not a good idea to play doctor with your fertility. I have heard of some people who take higher doses of Clomid, taking some in the morning and some at night, but I don't know about breaking it in half, especially if it is a 50 mg dose.

November 6th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Miles
She pays to get it washed first. So he has to do it every month and they send it to get washer. They pay 190 dollars to get it washed. She got it from a dr, who told her to take it CD2-6 50 mg. She told me she is paranoid to take it all at once, and its only 50mg. The dr just wants her to have more mature eggs which is why she is on it. She ovulates on her own and the same time every month. She is 38 so the dr thinks her eggs are not mature enough.
November 7th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
Some meds should not be split in half. I work for a DR. and we have plenty of pills that are do not split. Only certain ones can be split. I don't know about clomid becuase I don't work for an OBGYN. She should def. ask though. Your right though she does sound a little crazy.,
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
November 7th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Miles
A little LMFAO! She is a friend of mine but there are somethings I completely disagree with her on and this is one of them.

She told me today she didnt have any side effects nothing, so I really think she screwed it up and the clomid didnt or wont work because of what she did.
November 7th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the description. I had heard of people doing this. Although, I don't know how she is getting it into her cervix. I think I read somewhere about using a mirror and a speculum to open open. Well I wish her luck!
November 7th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Miles
I have no idea truthfully that is way too much for me to know LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search