We're going the Clomid route

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
After finally having our results appointment with my RE we got some good news. DH's 2nd SA showed that his little swimmers were in fact okay so we don't have to do IUI. His SA showed his morphology to be 24% whereas his 1st SA had them at 13%. So they're within a great range. The rest of our tests came back normal and my biopsy showed my uterus lining was healthy, had no infection from the scar tissue she found during my SHG, and was right in line with being 8dpo when it was done. My progesterone level was 11 and a little low, but she feels that it's because my estrogen levels were a little on the low side as well and that could be affecting my egg quality. My estrogen was around 640 and she likes to see it above 800.

So I'm going to be on clomid for the next 3 cycles and I'm starting with 50mg since I already O on my own and I have regualr cycles around 28-29 days. Each cycle I'll have to go for blood work and an u/s on CD3, and then an u/s everyday from CD9-O day so they can monitor my hormones, check the follicles, and keep an eye on my uterine lining to make sure that the clomid doesn't start to thin it out. The RE feels that I shouldn't have any problems getting pg since everything else checks out fine and feels that the clomid will jump start my body. So if I don't pg this cycle I'll start the clomid in less than 2 weeks!

The other good news they couldn't find any reasons to think that a medical issue was causing the pg losses, so we've got hope that we'll finally have a baby in our arms. I'm just glad that they found the scar tissue from the D&C in May. In sad to know that's the cause of my 3rd m/c but glad as well, because it was found and is now gone.

So here's to a positive experience with clomid and hoping that it'll take less than 3 cycles. If not, then we'll look into IUI.
November 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
welcome to the clomid club hehe! good luck nicole, i hope it works the first time for ya! it does for lots of women!!
November 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Miles
Lots of luck hun!
November 8th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It feels so much better when you finally have a plan. You have the same TTC plan as I have. Good luck!
November 8th, 2006, 01:38 PM
marie2001
Good luck with the Clomid! My experience with it was great! I got pregnant on my first cycle with it and the side effects weren't that bad. I was on the 50mg. I loved it so much, I hope to be able to take it when I am ready to conceive my 2nd baby as well! Best of luck to you!
November 8th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the support. I'm sure I'll be filled with questions once I start dealing with side effects.
November 9th, 2006, 02:08 AM
SUNSHINE08's Avatar Veteran
The plan sounds good. Good luck on the clomid!
November 9th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Super Mommy
Good news basically from the RE!

I'll be back on the Clomid (if i'm not pg this cycle), going down to 50mg since i had such horrible side effects on the 100mg. (I was the poster girl for 'worst case scenerio' on Clomid)

Good things come to those who wait

Low and slow betas (possible blighted ovum)
July 4: BFP - EDD March 9/09
July 7: 538
July 11: 1134
July 14: 1782
u/s July 21 @ 2:15 pm - blighted ovum, d&c to be scheduled
November 9th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Quote:
Good news basically from the RE!

I'll be back on the Clomid (if i'm not pg this cycle), going down to 50mg since i had such horrible side effects on the 100mg. (I was the poster girl for 'worst case scenerio' on Clomid)[/b]

sorry to hear that (about the side effects). good luck on the 50mg!!
November 9th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope the 50mg works for you as well. Side effects from any meds are nasty and I tend to get them so I'm praying that a low dose will keep them at bay for myself and for you as well.

November 9th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is great news! I really hope the Clomid route works for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search