HSG Results

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh. What an experience! I have to say I felt like I was in an episode of ER. I went in this morning and had a nurse from the hospital I was getting the test done at, two IVF nurses from my clinic, and two male doctors (one was a doctor in training or a PA or something) all sitting in while I was getting this done. I have a very high pain tolerance and I get cramps (sometimes pretty bad) from my period every month but this was no comparison. I was in such pain (cramps like I have never felt before) that I was crying out and a nurse had to tell me to take deep breaths and she rubbed my shoulder. So, of course I thinking there is something blocked or wrong and when the procedure was done they were all discussing things amongst themselves and I was thinking that this was it. I have problems. But, no, everything is great. No blockage! I did look at the xrays pics after the fact since I could barely look at them live while I was in such pain on the table. Where did all of the pain come from you ask? I have a tilted uterus (40 percent of women have this) and the dye was not going into the fallopian tubes like they were supposed to. I also had to lay on each side for about 5 seconds to get the dye to go into my tubes.

Overall it was much worse than I expected. I don't want to scare anyone so don't take my bad experience as if everyone's is bad. Most women probably don't feel much pain unless they have blockage or a tilted uterus. I am feeling fine now and no more cramps!

November 9th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Gwen
I was in agony for mine, too! But I didn't have a tilted uterus or any blockages, everything was normal. I hope you're feeling better now!
November 9th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Oh yes, I remember that pain. It's been many years since I had my test but it was brutal. I had both tubes fully blocked and a tilted uterus, so it was yucko!

I'm very happy to hear that (pain aside) things went well for you and you got a good result!

November 9th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Oh honey im so sorry you were in so much pain. You crying out like that reminded me of when i gotten dry sockets from having my wisdom teeth taken out!

anyhow lol..im SOOO glad everything is okay! i too have the tilted uterus so im definately going to be scared if i need to get that done lol I cant wait for things to get rolling for you...how exciting!!
November 9th, 2006, 01:12 PM
baner
Oh I hear ya about the pain, my doc said, "slight cramping" boy was he wrong, I get STRONG cramps when I get af and this was 10x worse than those. I thought it was not much fun either!! I also had to go from side to side to get "spillage" (that is the term they used! )

I am glad it is all done for you and you don't have to do it again!!! I am glad mine is long done with too!!! Ouchhyyy!!
November 9th, 2006, 02:00 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh $%* I'm scared. I have to do mine on monday. I am in a panic. Crap, crap crap...
November 9th, 2006, 02:56 PM
baner
Oh I hope I didn't scare you, yes it is painful but it is really short! I promise, I was in pain for probably 2 -5 minutes during the entire thing. So, although it hurts at times (for me it was painful 3 different times, but for only 30 seconds to a minute each time)

SO...it is painful (for me it was) but some women don't have too much pain. I hope that is how it is for you Lizzy

ETA: sorry to scare you!!
November 9th, 2006, 04:35 PM
SUNSHINE08's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Oh $%* I'm scared. I have to do mine on monday. I am in a panic. Crap, crap crap...[/b]

I thought you might like to hear that HSG's can be OK. Mine was uncomfortable (like a bad smear) but it was over quickly and I just got slight cramping which was like period pain. Everyone is different.

If you get too worked up over it, you might increase your chances of it hurting ( because your body is so tense) so try and relax and think positive thoughts. Good luck!!
November 9th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Oh $%* I'm scared. I have to do mine on monday. I am in a panic. Crap, crap crap...[/b]

Lizzy, I really hope yours goes almost pain free on Monday. Try not to get too worked up over it. After Monday it will be all over with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search