late ovulation

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2006, 03:34 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
hmm, i've been doing some google research (great for hypochondriacs!! it must bring it to a whole new level)
and reading up on late ovulation...
I've charted for nearly a year, but as my cycles are so long thats only 8 cycles. And we've been TTC for 14 cycles i think. Normally i ovulate on day 28, but this last two cycles i've ovulated day 38, making my cycle 49 days!! thats too long right?
I had an early miscarraige in may, therefore my doctor seems to think theres nothing wrong with me, its just my partner's count thats wrong.

On the net it says if you ovulate late you're less likely to concieve, and more likely to miscarry early....
Tell me if i'm being a hypochondriac here, but should i go back to my doctor and tell him i'm concerned about my long cycles?
any insight would be great!

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
November 10th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have also read that about ovulating late. But, I have heard of women who do ovulate as late as you do get BFP. I would voice my concern to my doctor if I were you. At least then you could get some worries out of the way.

November 10th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would definately talk it over with your doctor. Those are really long cycles and there could be an underlying hormone issue.
November 11th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I went to go see a reproductive endocrinologist with the same question... I had long cycles, used some OPKs and found out that I ovulated on day 38. WHen I told her, she told me that the eggs might be "over mature" at that point and therefore not good for fertilization. No, it's not impossible to get pg with those eggs, but from what she said, it greatly decreases your chances if the eggs are too ripe. She was going to start me on Clomid to make me ovulate earlier. YOu should probably ask a doctor about it, but if what my doc told me is right, then maybe that's why it's been so hard?

August 2012 December 2012
November 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
SUNSHINE08's Avatar Veteran
Hi Amelie. I totally understand your concerns. I had some of the same issues.

Have you been tested for Polysustic ovaries at all?

I have PCOS and my cycles have varied from 31-63 days. I have had about the same number of cycles as you in a year. It might be worth checking this out, as PCOS can affect fertility. I really hope you don't have this issue.

Even if you just have irregular periods it might be worth discussing the possibly of going on clomid, which will help to regulate your cycle.

Good luck with your TTC journey.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search