dh swimmer question

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my dh has a slightly low count and bad morpholagy, does anyone have to deal with this? i also have pcos so i think my chances are really low, just wanted to see if anyone else was dealing with this
November 11th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH has extremely low count and low motility. We have to go through IVF. What was your DH's numbers?

November 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know much about "slightly low" numbers because my DH has "severely low" counts so we are also IVFers.

August 2012 December 2012
November 11th, 2006, 08:31 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could help you more but I was thinking maybe you could get your DH to start taking vitamin C and zinc. Those have been known to increase count.

My DH's SA came back normal, except the morphology was "borderline". I think your chances are still pretty could with those results at concieving on your own. If you have been at it a long time, maybe you would want to talk to your dr. about IUI since they can wash the sperm and pick the best ones.

If I don't get preggo this cycle we will be trying IUI in a couple months.

November 12th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well i dont know the numbers? he just said percents he has like 3% normal swimmwers out of the 20% that can swim or something like that, the doc talked about iui and ivf but we can not afford that sooooo i dunnno tahnks ladies
November 13th, 2006, 12:04 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well im a pcos and my dh is having low motility and low sprm count..with percentages he was like 32%was the total of moving/good/active sperms and 38%motility. and my dr wanted it to be atleast 50% for us to try naturally..we were on clomid and naturally for many cycles and i even had a IUI last june.but then i just gave up all that coz it was too expensive and dr was suggesting us ivf too..but i just asked him to let us go on natural way till we can efford the iui or ivf again..so thats when i got pregger this time(Natural means just bding..but i had to take follitism injections and hcg shots to make me O along with clomid..coz of pcos)...dr was surprised too coz i had just one egg this time and still was able to concieve..before i used to have 2-3-4 follicles and still it didint do a thing...so there is hope even though dh's probs are there...

and my dh was on these meds for about 5-6 months but he never took them daliy..but i made sure he took it during the 2wO time..
i really thing these did the trick of making his counts a bit higher..coz when we checked his levels last time it was 42% motility..it was a slight high number still it was something to be happy about...

prostavital

speman - himalaya (herbal)

nature made vitamin B and C to zinc

HTH

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search