I'm officially joining you

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2006, 08:24 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,
I want to join you. We found out for sure that we will have to go the IUI route because of DH's morphology. He is taking this pretty hard and I wish I knew how to help him. DH thinks that this means he is not meant to reproduce because we need medical assistance. He is worried that we will have a child with a disability. I want to do the IUI and know that many people go this route without birth defects or disabilities. I want DH to discuss his concerns with the RE so he can hear from a Dr. that babies conceived through IUI are no more likely to have issues than babies conceived through conventional means. I want to have his baby even if we need to seek alternative measures. I wondered if anyone here has experienced this situation with their DH and how they dealt with it. TIA
November 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my DH's morphology was on the borderline normal range, so I'm not sure if that is effecting our concieving or not but we are going to try IUI in another month or two.

My DH also thinks we should just adopt and not go through alll the medical stuff, but he seems to understand that I want to give it our all first before going the adoption route.

I think your idea of having your DH express his concerns to the RE is an excellent idea. That way the doctor can answer questions and clear up any misconceptions.

November 16th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to let you girls know that when they do the IUI, you and DH will do blood test for disease screening and DH's sperm will be washed prior to insertion. What this means is they only put the best boys into the uterus. Also they wash it with something that is like good CM which makes them move right along. I wish we had done it sooner.

So what I'm saying is you could tell DH that it really helps with eliminating the slower and defective sperm. I kind of know how he feels, it's hard when it's you who has the problem. Although, I don't have a male ego. So I'm sure he's taking it pretty hard. Speaking to the RE will absolutely clear some of those fears.
November 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM
wewantaminime, you are my IUI inspiration. We (well he, since I don't make semen) are going to have one more SA to make sure the first results were accurate. Then we will go to the Doc and discuss IUI. The doc said my hormone levels indicate I am perfectly capable of conceiving and susataining a pregnancy. I hope DH agrees to do the IUI and I follow your success story. I am about to O now but am not even bothering to chart anymore because it's a waste of energy. Hopefully I O soon and get AF so we can start the process. Did you take clomid to have a super ovulation?
November 16th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I sure did, I took clomid for 3 consecutive months with the traditional BD, skipped a month due travels and this cycle was the 4th month of clomid. I just took 50 mg, days 5 through 9. I actually messed up this cycle by taking it days 4 through 8....We didn't to follicle scans with every cycle but the ones he did do one I had 2 pretty good size eggs ready to go.

I hope it happens for you real soon.
November 16th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish you all the best with the IUI. Dh's SA was borderline so if 3 cycles of clomid don't work for us, we're moving onto IUI as well. DH took it hard too, but once I explained that they're seperating the "duds from the studs" and finding the best little guys he felt a bit better. Dh's 2nd SA showed that his morphology had gone from 13% to 24% in 2 months.
November 16th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Quote:
I wish you all the best with the IUI. Dh's SA was borderline so if 3 cycles of clomid don't work for us, we're moving onto IUI as well. DH took it hard too, but once I explained that they're seperating the "duds from the studs" and finding the best little guys he felt a bit better. Dh's 2nd SA showed that his morphology had gone from 13% to 24% in 2 months.[/b]
Oh that is promising! I hope my DH morphology goes up, it was 5%
I asked our RE if there was a step before IUI and he said we could try clomid but inour situation there is nothing preventing me from conceiving...

By the way, I think he is starting to feel a little more comfortable with the idea of IUI. We are bringing his sample tomorrow morning. I keep telling him how much I love him and what a great dad he is goign to make. I also said "if the child doesn't have your genes how is he or she going to get along with me?"
November 17th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to you in your IUI journey.

November 17th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck.
I really hope IUI works 1st try for you

Sarah
November 18th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are about to start the whole procedure & seeing you go through it is helping me be prepared for what can come. DH will have a SA after I O so that we are ready to go for the next cycle. Hopefully everything will work out perfectly for you all & then you can send some of that good dust my way.

November 30th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Christy94
Popping in from the April DDC..... My husband and I struggled for over 20 cycles of unexplained infertility so my doctor suggested IUI. On the first try it worked for us but unfortunately resulted in a m/c due to low progesterone. So the next month we went right back at it with our 2nd IUI only this time I was on progesterone suppositories. It worked and we are expecting a little girl this Spring!!! I wish nothing but the best of luck to you. I hope IUI's will do the trick!
November 30th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Christy94 - thanks for sharing your story! I am in the hopeful phase of my cycle. I am 7DPO and DH's 2nd SA came up with 9% and his motility went up to 70% so it is improving. Our RE said he wanted double digits at least. I hope to have IUI for my next cycle but I might ovulate in florida at my parents house... so I might have to wait for January.
November 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great news that you DH's numbers increased. Keep us posted.

O/T: I LOVE your lab in your siggy. We have a chocolate lab and my inlaws have a yellow lab, so we're definately lab people!!!
November 30th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Quote:
That's great news that you DH's numbers increased. Keep us posted.

O/T: I LOVE your lab in your siggy. We have a chocolate lab and my inlaws have a yellow lab, so we're definately lab people!!![/b]
Thanks! The one shaking my hand and sticking his tongue out is Mobi, the one watching is Casey. I love them so much. My friend has a very sweet chocolate lab. Labs are my favorite dogs, obviously!
November 30th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Gwen

Best of luck to you! We will be going the IUI route if this cycle doesn't result in conception.
November 30th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Christy94
Good luck girls!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search