Clomid cycle buddy?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Gwen
Anyone just get AF this weekend and on Clomid? We can be cycle buddies!
November 19th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
im on cd 13..sorry. i hope this cycle is successful for you! im dying to ovulate!!!!
November 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about AF. She is just plain tricky and evil. I am on a Clomid break this cycle, but I am trying Soy, which is supposed to work kind of like Clomid. It sure is giving me the same kind of headaches. I believe I am on CD 6, so I'm not too far ahead of you. Did you get your progesterone check at 7 DPO this cycle? Are you trying 50 mg again?

According to Cheri, December was our prediction month. I hope we both get BFP's this cycle.

November 19th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Af is suppose to arrivve on Tuesday and I'm starting Clomid on Thursday so we could kinda be cycle buddies. This will be my first cycle on it and I'm cautiously hesitant because I hate taking anything that alters my hormone balance, but I'm going to give this a try.
November 20th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Gwen
Hi alexa,
I never got the progesterone check but I am going to call my doctor today and see what she wants me to do this cycle. I hope she bumps me up to 100 mg or more! It does look like I Oed this cycle. What frustrates me is all my tests have come back "normal." But there just has to be some undiagnosed problem...I hope we get our BFPs this month too!

Hi Nykoal, sure that would be neat. We could compare symptoms. The side effects from the 50mg Clomid were unpleasant but I am so desperate for a child that I would tolerate almost any amount of discomfort at this point! Do you know what dosage you would take? BTW, your wedding day was my 20th birthday, what a coincidence!
November 20th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm being started on 50mg and being closely monitered for each cycle (i.e. blood work and u/s on CD3, and daily follicle scans and blood work on CD 9-15, and progesterone check on CD21). I think the 50mg should be okay since I already O on my own, but my low esterogen levels are most likely impacting my egg quality and my RE wants to see if the clomid increases my levels. If not, than it's on to 100mg. I'm on clomid for the next 3 cycles, if no BFP, and then we'll review our options.
November 21st, 2006, 11:55 AM
Super Mommy
I got AF on Saturday and will begin my 3rd round of 100 mg Clomid on Friday..
I can be your buddy too??

November 21st, 2006, 07:41 PM
Gwen
Yay. Hope we all get BFPs!! I'm starting my second cycle on 50 mg on cd 5.
November 21st, 2006, 08:47 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I am glad you are going to get your progesterone checked this cycle. My doctor says that is the only way to know for sure if the dosage was effective. Maybe the 50 mg is all you need.

I know what you mean about all the tests. All of mine have also come back normal, but I don't really understand why since I am not getting preggo and have such long, irregular cyclels.

November 21st, 2006, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
AF showed up a day early, so I'm starting the Clomid tomorrow! I'm having blood work and an u/s tomorrow, and then daily blood work and u/s' from CD9-O day, then progesterone check on CD21.
November 21st, 2006, 09:30 PM
Cptnsweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cptnsweet
[size=5][b][color=#3333FF]

Hi Brandi here, i was on clomid last cycle 50 mg days 5-9, af arrived for me sunday nite. it was aftermidnite so technically it was monday morning, but i hadn't gone to bed yet. i never go to bed before 2 am. I talked to the nurse at my dr's office and my DR was in surgery today so she would call me back tomorrow and let me know that they called it in again. I'm not sure if they will up it or leave it 50 mg. i ovulated last cycle on 50. Only side effects from clomid that i've had are nausea and it made my period later than normal. i was supposed to start friday and it was late sunday/ real early monday morning. it threw me off because i'm never late, and the nausea and i had light spotting on the 8th which was supposed to be implantaion day for me. i really thought it was the cycle, but it's ok, i had been testing since previous sunday and all were BFN's so i wasnt suprised when AF arrived. I hope this is the cycle for all of us. Good luck everyone and have a great turkey day. Cptnsweet@aol.com is my email if anyone wants to email me and talk sometime.
Brandi 28 dh Travis 29 My Daughter Katie born 1-24-98 at 29 1/2 weeks weighing 1 pound 7 ounces Miscarriage 5-01 Our Son Brian born 6-10-02 36 weeks weighing 5lbs 6 ozs our final baby Tyler born 11-2-07 just under 39 wks 6lbs 14ozs. We live in Tn.

November 22nd, 2006, 10:14 AM
Gwen
Nice to meet you! Great, we can all be buddies. I'm hoping to get the best Christmas gift of all...a BFP!!!!!!!!
November 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
AMEN to that! That's the best christmas gift!!!!
November 23rd, 2006, 01:33 AM
Cptnsweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cptnsweet
Quote:
AMEN to that! That's the best christmas gift!!!![/b]

yea that would be the ultimate gift of all. hubby is still up in the air about having another one, but he's not doing anything to prevent it. its kinda a if it happens ok and if not ok. i'm just trying a lil harder than he is, by taking the clomid. i picked it up today i'm on 50mg again this cycle. i think i'm gonna try to plan or BDing better this cycle. last cycle i got a pos OPK and we BD that day, and then he went on nites, which makes it harder for us to BD, expically with our 4 yr old around all the time. anyways, i look forward to being everyone's cycle buddy this cycle, i didnt really have any last cycle. again my email is Cptnsweet@aol.com and you guys can email me there anytime you want to talk or vent or whatever. have a great turkey day!!!!
Brandi 28 dh Travis 29 My Daughter Katie born 1-24-98 at 29 1/2 weeks weighing 1 pound 7 ounces Miscarriage 5-01 Our Son Brian born 6-10-02 36 weeks weighing 5lbs 6 ozs our final baby Tyler born 11-2-07 just under 39 wks 6lbs 14ozs. We live in Tn.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search