Quick update on me

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Gwen
My doctor is putting me on Clomid 50 mg for the second cycle on days 5-9. The only difference is that this time she is having me go in for cd 21 bloodwork. She is ordering my DH to get another S/A, just to make sure he is ok, even though his S/A from a few months ago came back normal. If this cycle doesn't work out, I am going to start seeing a new RE because my current doctor will be going on maternity leave next month. She admitted to me she is at a loss and thinks stress is my barrier to conception, seeing as my DH and I are healthy... I'm trying so hard to stay optimistic but honestly the last few nights have been rough. As soon as my head hits the pillow to sleep, I just cry...I'm so happy at least you're all listening to me.
November 20th, 2006, 07:31 PM
milo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(HUGS) (HUGS) wish I could give you one in person. I am glad you are going on clomid again and Dr. Is having DH another sperm sample taken. she sounds very good and is covering the basics. I hope you have sucess this month. (HUGS)

New Plan Of ACTION~~Lose weight and exercise, wait for referral to Gyno,after 6 months no BFP onto IUI~~<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12551b" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
November 20th, 2006, 07:33 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how hard it is. I have been through three failed rounds of Clomid, with no explanation as to why they haven't worked. When I expressed my frustrations to my doctor she reminded me that even with the perfect conditions and timing you have only a 25% chance of concieving each cycle and with the Clomid it is a little higher but still under 50% with the perfect conditions.

I guess this put things in perspective a little bit. It may take a few rounds of Clomid before we get our BFP's.

My doctor also found that even though I was producing eggs and ovulating, that the eggs were growing too mature before releasing. So the last round of Clomid I had to go for three ultrasounds and have a trigger shot at the right time to help the eggs release.

I hate that it has to be so complicated. I thought for sure 1 round of Clomid was all I would need, but here I am still trying. Hang in there I think our time is coming very soon.

November 20th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sending you lots of hugs your way! I am so sorry to hear that things are not going very well. I really hope this round of Clomid works for you.

November 21st, 2006, 09:52 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Stress is a very powerful obstacle. Stupid and annoying reality...
November 21st, 2006, 11:02 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
im sorry honey. I know how hard it is to want this so bad and it feels so out of reach and for no apparent reason. I will pray the clomid works for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search