what's after clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
I have a doctor appt tomorrow and was wondering what is the next step after 100mg you would suggest,
i know we're not doctors but any advice before i rely soley on his would be great!

thanks..

btw, cherri's prediction was september and she didnt know if that's when I'd conceive, or deliver.. here's hoping it's deliver as Septemebr has come and gone and no BFP for me.. booh!

November 21st, 2006, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on 5 months of 150 mg of clomid with no o ever and after that the RE put me on femara. After that it is injectables with my RE, I'm sure they're all different.
November 21st, 2006, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is my 6th and final cycle of 50mg clomid.
From here we are waiting to begin IVF.
I had a GREAT response to the clomid, but DB's sperm motility is still far too low
for natural conception

But the plus side is, we get to try IVF and it might work and bring us our much longed for baby

Good luck.

Sarah
November 26th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Gwen
I'm going to see a new RE this Thursday with my husband. I am on my second round of Clomid at 50 mg. I'll ask him what may come after Clomid if we don't conceive this month. I'll let you know Thursday!
November 26th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
I went on Wednesday and he told me to do one more round of Clomid of 150mg and if it doesnt work next is injectables??

not sure what that entails, anyone??

i'm on cd 8 , one more day to go then bd bd bd :cheer

November 27th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I went on Wednesday and he told me to do one more round of Clomid of 150mg and if it doesnt work next is injectables??

not sure what that entails, anyone??

i'm on cd 8 , one more day to go then bd bd bd :cheer[/b]
Injectables can be very successful but very hard on you from what I've heard. That was one of my choices but my RE said that maybe I sound try femara before that and whala I had great ovulation for the first time in over a year and that includes all of my months of clomid. I'm no doctor but femara has been so easy on my body and I've had a great response, it couldn't hurt to bring it up.

Quote:
I'm going to see a new RE this Thursday with my husband. I am on my second round of Clomid at 50 mg. I'll ask him what may come after Clomid if we don't conceive this month. I'll let you know Thursday! [/b]
They usually try to have you on clomid for 4-5 months with no success (no o) before switching since clomid is the easiest form of fertiltiy treatment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search