I think I need a hug

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2006, 09:00 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Ok, today was not such a good day. I think I just need to vent and then go to bed and have a good cry, so that's what I'm gonna do.

I was doing some research online today, getting ready for my REI appointment Monday, the one where I'll probably get the bad news I have a tubal blockage on one side. So with that info, and the fact I'm 37, have had one m/c and have spent 2 years TTC, I used the fertility calculator at www.infertilitycentral.com to calculate my odds of conceiving au natural.

The odds were terrible... worse than terrible... 1%. It goes up to a whole 3% in 3 years. I had no idea I was that badly off. It was such a shock, now I'm a complete mess. I know my chances increase with treatment but I don't know by how much. I know that calculator doesn't take everything into account, they were very general questions, but still... it seems like every web site I went to today mentioned knowing when to give up, and I wonder if this is a sign. I am so sad right now, it's like it's just hit me that this is real, I'm not just having trouble I'm infertile, I'll probably never have a baby and I don't see how I can possibly get through this. I know I'll feel better once Steve is home, but he's at the station tonight and I won't see him until tomorrow.

Anyway I'm so sorry to be such a downer, this is just a shock and I'm sure everything will work out, thanks so much for listening.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

November 25th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you feel so down. I am sending you lots of hugs your way. I hope you get to talk to Steve soon and I hope you hear good news at your RE appt. on Monday.

November 25th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Gwen
(((hugs))) I am so sorry. I hope the doctor can come up with a plan of action for your BFP! We're going to see a new doctor as well this week.
November 26th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Miles
November 28th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling today? How did the appointment go yesterday?

Thinking of you!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search