First RE Appt.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2006, 03:11 PM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have my first RE appt Dec. 18th and I am so excited yet really nervous. What should I expect from my first appt, do they usually just do a consultation or will I be getting any tests done? Don't know if I should have DH take off from work to be there?

November 27th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
first off...good luck! secondly, i felt the same way you did before my first RE appointment but i came out of there feeling more confident then EVER! Im so glad i went and i wish i had made the appointment sooner.

My consultation was basically the RE going over my records and medical history( i have had 2 miscarriages) so we discussed those and the bloodwork i had taken, when trying to determine the causes. She discussed our options as far as a clomid cycle and IUI. Now the thing with me is, i had taken clomid this cycle already when i met with her and i was due to O so luckily she wanted to do a follicle scan right then and there! I also hadn't eaten yet so i was able to have bloodwork taken also. And they drew some blood from DH for chromosonal purposes. Im not sure if thats only due to my miscarriages or not though. I think its a good idea to have DH there with you. your in this together and my RE had some questions for him. On the other hand..the appointment can go on without him, he may just be needed later on Good luck!
November 27th, 2006, 04:29 PM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much! I'm so excited to get this ball rolling, I want it all to go smoothly!

November 28th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
i completely understand! mine did and i hope yours does too! Im nervous about all of that bloodwork though, that they are going to find something
November 28th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Good luck with your appointment!

My first one was a bit different because I was referred to her directly into the IVF program. My gyno doc had already determined fully blocked tubes, endo and fibroids. I knew for several years that I would need IVF and he referred me to my RE once I was ready to go that route. So, by the time I got to see her the first time, it was really just a consultation to go over history, discuss my first IVF cycle protocol and she did b/w and an u/s just to see for herself what we were dealing with.

November 28th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My RE prefered that both DH & I attended the meeting since he was going to have to do a couple of SA's and have blood work done as well. She went over our medical history, and asked questions about my cycles. Then she went over the investigative cycle protocol and discussed the various tests that she would be doing and the different blood tests she was ordering.

Then we met with her nurse and had some blood work done, and DH got his SA sample containers and the paper work that needed to be filled out, and we got the rest of our blood work requisitions for the remaining blood work since they didn't have all of the blood vials at their clinic. I ended up having 25 vials of blood taken when all was said and done!

I hope things go well!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search