Hope you don't mind a question

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies-
My DH and I are just starting to TTC after a miscarriage in October. I hope you don't mind, but I have a question about baby aspirin and this seemed like the best place to pose it. So here's my situation:

My sister had 2 miscarriages in a row and was thereafter tested for the MTFHR(I know that's not in the right order) condition. She was found to have one of the genes, but not the disorder. Her doctor prescribed one baby aspirin a day and she carried her next baby to term. Knowing this, I was tested before we started trying. I had the same thing.....one gene mutation, but not the disorder. I conceived, but found out at 11 weeks that the baby had passed away at 8 1/2 weeks. My doctor is very laid back, did no testing, and prescribed nothing. She said there is no reason to believe that this was anything other than a common first miscarriage and commonly tells me to "stop worrying."

My question is: If I decide to take baby aspirin as a preventative measure, is there any harm? Are any of you on it? Did your doctors put you on it after a confirmed diagnosis of a clotting disorder or because "it couldn't hurt?" I know miscarriages aren't preventable, but if there is even a slight chance that this could help, I want to try and although I know you have to "talk to your doctor", I believe my doctor will just tell me it is unecessary because I've only had one miscarriage.

Thanks so much for your help,
November 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I always advise talking to your doctor about medical related issues.

But, for what it's worth, my IVF clinic prescribes one baby aspiring per day during a frozen cycle but not during a fresh cycle. I asked one of the nurses about it once but didn't really get a definitive answer on benefit/risk of using it.

I always advise talking to your doctor about medical related issues.

But, for what it's worth, my IVF clinic prescribes one baby aspiring per day during a frozen cycle but not during a fresh cycle. I asked one of the nurses about it once but didn't really get a definitive answer on benefit/risk of using it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search