About my RE appointment today...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Gwen
My DH and I both took the day off work to go see a new RE. This is one of the best fertility centers in the country so I am very excited and trust the doctors completely.

Basically, we first sat down with him in his office. I started off by showing him all my BBT charts and answered a ton of questions about my health and history. We showed him the normal results from all the tests we have both taken (for me, blood tests and an HSG and an ultrasound and for DH the S/A and blood tests). He said we are suffering from "unexplained infertility."

He then performed another vaginal ultrasound (my old doctor gave me one a few months back and didn't see any problems). He said the uterine lining looked good for cd 12; it didn't look like the Clomid had thinned it out. He also noticed several follicles but did not know if they were left over from last cycle or new. But he also noticed a tiny cyst and wasn't sure if the Clomid caused it or if I have PCOS(?) I don't think I have any of the symptoms of PCOS but I don't know...

He told me to continue plotting my BBT, using OPKs and "having intercourse." He prescribed Crinone for me and I am to take it during my LP following ovulation (it's a progesterone gel). I'm going in for cd 21 blood work too.

If the Clomid doesn't work this cycle, we will be doing IUI next cycle with 50 mg Clomid on days 5-9. I will have to get more blood work done on cd 3 and also give myself Ovidrel injections to prepare for the IUI.

If THAT doesn't work, I have to go in for a laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis.

I am feeling mixed emotions about everything. Joy and hope, but yet also sadness and frustration...thanks for the support everyone, it's helping me get through this.
November 30th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I hope everything works out well for you. It can be very scary after you hear all of the info from the RE.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
November 30th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow...your new RE sounds very thorough and proactive. I wish you all the best as you move forward. Here's to that long awaited BFP and sticky bean.

November 30th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Gwen
Thanks!
November 30th, 2006, 05:40 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Gwen.

We can be IUI buddies!
November 30th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Sounds to me like you've got a doctor who has set a good plan of action for you... I really will be hoping for you to get your BFP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search