Some stat's I found on testing early....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to do some research to make my 10 dpo BFN not mean as much... Here is some of what I found:

From fertilityfriend.com about the percentage of positive tests taken before AF is due....

We considered a batch of the most recent charts analyzed on the FertilityFriend.com web site. We considered 93,184 recent charts for which the woman's averages from past cycles were available (most notably the average luteal phase length). For each chart considered we took note of the ovulation day, the first positive pregnancy test, the first negative pregnancy test and the average luteal phase length. From the ovulation day and the average luteal phase length we were able to calculate the day of the expected menstrual period. This latter parameter is extremely important to understand the results.

Results:
Average Day Past Ovulation (DPO) for the first positive pregnancy test: 13.6 DPO
Average DPO for the first "false" negative test result: 10.3 DPO
Percentage of pregnancy charts with a positive test at 10 DPO: 10%
Percentage of pregnancy charts which show negative results before a positive result: 17%

****Average time between the expected period and the first positive pregnancy test: 0.5 days before the expected period. ****

Percentage of negative test results taken three days or more before the expected period day on non pregnant charts: 40.7%

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 7th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Good stuff, thanks Norina!

The earliest I've gotten a BFP is 6dp5dt (equivalent to 11dpo) and with that pg, I also tested 1 day earlier (or 10dpo) and it was negative.

February 7th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was shocked to see these stats b/c it seems that I always read about women getting BFPs between 10-12 dpo. Maybe those are just the ones that I notice, LMAO!

February 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Super Mommy
with DS i had a bfp 10 DPO. no dr. would even talk to me until after i missed AF.

my three others were at 14 DPO.

i've heard of lots of women who don't get a bfp until well after they've missed AF.

i think everyone and every pregnancy is very different. I really think 10DPO is pretty early.

Keep us posted, Norina. I've been thinking about you!!
February 7th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Super Mommy
That confirms it..

I WILL NOT TEST UNTIL AT LEAST FRIDAY!!!!

those stats are so low at 10dpo..

Norrina when are you going to test again?

February 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I don't think you start producing HCG until the little stinker implants. Technically you may have not implanted yet. I think I had a temp dip on day 10 and then tested negative, then tested positive via blood test on I think cd 14. My HCG level was only 35 which my RE was concerned about at first. But I doubled. So I'm pretty sure I implanted on day 10. Check my chart out, I may be off on my days though.
February 8th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks beans and wewannaminime!

Lucy- not testing till Sunday! I have too much to do on Sat and I know if I test and get a hnegative I will be incapacitated. So Sunday it is! That way I can stay in pj's all day and wallow or I can celebrate

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 8th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Super Mommy
Norina - I know the feeling... I want a day that I can sit around and plan my pregnancy or wallow in self pity.. but Saturday I have a wedding to go to and Sunday we're going to Atlantic City over night to gamble, hoping it'll take my mind of testing.. so I'm actually thinking not till.. dare I say, MONDAY!

But I'm not 100% sure.. the doctor said to come in Tuesday if no AF .. so I might wait for them to tell me the news!!!

oh this is agony...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search