I may have to leave for awhile

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2007, 01:21 PM
klfc28
Hi ladies.

Well DH is at it again. Ruining everything good that I am looking forward to. We are suppose to start Clomid at the end of the month, if it didn't happen this month on its own. AF is due Feb 20th, so still have a long wait, which he just made even worse.

Not only has he been away at school in hopes it helps him get promoted since Jan 4th (yeah he has come home a few weekends but big deal). Now he wants and was told to go to a conference from March 5-9th - right at my fertile time while on Clomid. He went to the same conference last year!! There is no reason he should be going again, and didn't even think twice about going. I was suppose to go home in March to see my dad, whom I havent seen since August (he is in Kuwait for work) and to attend a friends wedding, but I decided to give that up for us to have a baby and give the Clomid a try. Does he care? NO!!!

In addition, he wants to attend another school from May-July. My brothers wedding is in June, and he needs to be here to watch the dogs. We cant afford to board them.

I am so freakin mad!!! So I may have to leave the board for awhile.... I'm not sure if I even want to keep trying anymore. This just might be the end of us, because I just can't take this anymore with him.
February 9th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun i am so sorry you are going through a bad patch.
I think men are soooo maddening at times!!

It is obvious they live on a different planet to us.
The thing is that men will NEVER sit there and get so upset over not having a baby.
They see it as 'ah well if it happens it happens'.
I know how you feel. My DB is the same. I think most men are. Its a sad fact of life really

I am sure you will come through this bad time and be fine.
I went through similar with DB a few mths ago and i thought that was 'it' too.

Maybe a few days/wks away from the boards will help you relax and talk things through with DH.

I am here if you need to talk. PM me anytime.

((HUGS))

Sarah
February 9th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I can't imagine how frustrated you must be feeling right now! I remember a couple of times on Clomid my DH wasn't in the mood during my fertile patch. Boy, was I ever pissed off! I wanted to strangle him.

Sounds like the efforts are one sided, your side, right now. Have you tried to talk to him? I know that this is a very emotional topic but maybe if you could go out to eat, public places are always better b/c you can't scream at each other, and try to discuss what kind of commitment this means on both your parts. I know it won't be easy.

Please keep us updated! I want to know what happens.

February 9th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm so sorry you've hit a rough patch. This TTC stuff is so stressful and that is bound to show up, to some degree, in any relationship.

Hang in there and try to take a break for a little bit between now and when AF shows and use that time to focus on each other and not just the TTC'ing - I bet that will do a world of good.

Is it possible that his acting the way he is right now may be because he's having a hard time coping with the stress of trying to have a baby and doesn't know how to express that? Most men have a hard time showing their true emotions.

Hang in there and try your best to take a step back from this for a few days.

*hugs*

February 9th, 2007, 07:54 PM
klfc28
I have no idea what is going on with him. Its been almost 8hrs since we had that conversation and I still have not heard from him, but I expected that. I left him a nasty email and text msg. But I couldnt help myself and he will just have to deal with it. We shall see if he even calls me tonight. I know I'm not calling him.
February 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM
klfc28
Its now been over 24 hrs since we last spoke. I am really guessing that it might be the end of us soon.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search