I hate waiting

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So here's a question for you all... since I'm having this chemical pregnancy right now, but my numbers never got very high to begin with (beta was 32 at it's highest), do you think my clinic will make me wait a month before starting an IUI cycle? I'm only going to be with my clinic for 3 more months (I'm moving in May) and I want to squeeze in as many cycles as possible, so I don't want to just wait a month. I know it takes the body a while to adjust after a later miscarriage, but if I was pregnant for, like, 3 days, does that really count?

Also, anyone have a clue when AF should be showing? My last beta on Wed was 8 and I stopped my last progesterone pill that morning (my last shot was Tues night). I'm cramping as if AF is coming, but no, she's not here yet. Is it normal for several days to pass and still have no AF? I guess the good thing is that if she shows tomorrow or afterwards, when we meet with the RE on monday it won't be past Day 3 of my new cycle so at least the timing would be OK for starting IUI.

August 2012 December 2012
February 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI,
I dont think they would make you wait a month since its a chemical pregnancy. I was preg with a blighted ovum for 3 months had a d/c last month and my RE said it was fine for me to start IUI with my first period. So i wouldnt see why they would make you wait.

February 9th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
First off... yes it does suck to be impatient and I'm right there with you on that one!

As for when they'll want to get you going on the next cycle, hard to say. I know between IVF cycles, they always want a one cycle break and after my m/c's they wanted a 2 cycle break. But, both of my m/c's I had very high HCG levels, so that may be part of it as well.

I suspect AF will show for you very soon. The progesterone is probably what is keeping her at bay right now, but that should be well out of your system in the next couple of days which means your timing will be really good for your RE appointment next week just in case you can go right into the next cycle.

Here's hoping the witch shows soon for you!

February 10th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with GP...if this had been under unassisted circumstances (no RE following, bloodwork, progesterone) you most likely would not have known about the chemical pg. I am thinking AF will show as soon as that number gets to 0 and the progesterone is out of your system so hopefully in a few days.

(((Big hugs to you))) I hope everything gets on track for IUI this next cycle.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search